Complaint Review: Red Roof Inn

• Updated: Fri, January 25, 2013

• Reported By: Faith — Mobile Alabama United States of America
Red Roof Inn
520 Roberts Ct NW Kennesaw, Georgia United States of America

Red Roof Inn Ridiculous Video Scam and Charges for Service not asked for Kennesaw, Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not a fan

*Consumer Comment: I agree with you

*Author of original report: NO NOTICE IN THE ROOM

*Consumer Comment: Pretty normal

I checked in the hotel with no warning about the video channels.  My 12 year old grandson watched (they said) 7 music videos, which, upon check-out, I discovered added 95.34 to my bill.

When I told them I had no knowledge of anything being charged, they would not listen.  I told them they should have told me upon check-in of the video channels, that they are 15.89 EACH, and that these channels ARE NOT BLOCKED, OR at the very least, call me to let me know after he played the first one.  I never saw anything on the screen that said there was a charge for video channels and NOTHING in their lobby.

They had no empathy at all, told me I watched the videos and that I was to pay. I said I did not watch the videos, that my 12-year old grandson did.  (at this point, it had already charged  to my debit card anyway, so they had their money).

I feel that they should have made a considerable adjustment to my bill and apologize for not advertising the "pay" channels.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2013 01:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Red-Roof-Inn/Kennesaw-Georgia-30144/Red-Roof-Inn-Ridiculous-Video-Scam-and-Charges-for-Service-not-asked-for-Kennesaw-Georgi-1002693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Red Roof Inn

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not a fan

AUTHOR: Hate Red Roof - ()

I am not a fan of Red Roof Inn....long story.  However, when ordering the pay per view movies, there is a long series of steps you have to go through to order.....and each step tells you the charge for the service.  Of course, a 12 year old doesnt care about this...he is going to order anyways BUT the front desk could have very well reversed those charges under the circumstances and should have!

I agree with you

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

It should not be that easy and there should definitely be something in the room literature telling what's charged and how to do it.

Something's not right there. I would be annoyed too.

NO NOTICE IN THE ROOM

AUTHOR: Faith - (United States of America)

That's just the problem, THERE WAS NOTHING, NO POSTINGS, NOTHING TO INDICATE THAT ANY CHANNELS WERE PAY CHANNELS.  I think that no guest should be able to access the Pay channels in hotels until an adult guest, or better yet, the card holder who pays the bill, calls the front desk to verify that they want it.  This would eliminate this type incident.  Of course this particular hotel doesn't want that.  They probably hope this will happen so they can continue to rip the guests off.

I have stayed in many hotels and have never seen "pay" channels that would be that easy to access.

Pretty normal

AUTHOR: Ramjet - (U.S.A.)

I've stayed in many Motels and Hotels that had pay channels.  They never told me about them at the desk.  It was always in the information provided in the room. Do you really think they should call everyone every time they access a pay channel?  Some people might think it's none of their business what they watch and to leave them alone.  I don't know exactly how their system works but they may never even know at the desk when you watch what.  It's probably just added to the room charge automatically.

Also, every time I've ever watched a pay service, it asked me to verify that I wanted it which your Grandson probably did.  They don't have any way of knowing who watched what in your room and they've probably heard all the stories trying to keep from paying.