- Report: #992963
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Red Skelton
Red Skelton1350 E. Flamingo Rd. #773 Internet United States of America
Red Skelton RedSkelton.com, OFFICIAL Red Skelton Web Site, Art Corporation of America This company completely inflates values for Red Skelton art work just so they can charge a few hundred dollars for a Certificate of Authenticity , Internet
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Same William Mett
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: OP is ALL true!
*Consumer Comment: William Mett is the worst representation of Red Skelton
*Consumer Comment: Worth it
*Consumer Comment: Don't recommend these guys
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: I am betting it's the same guy...
*Consumer Comment: Red Skelton | Complaint Review: 992963
*Consumer Comment: Never available
*Consumer Comment: This company is a rip off
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) Google William Mett, and you will see he went to prison for selling fraudulent art as well as embezzling millions from the employee pension fund. http://www.dalifraud.com
2) Take a few months to track the stuff on http://RedSkelton.com, under the courtesy resale section. In the past 6 months, no artwork has sold, just new ones added.
3) If you want to list your artwork for sale on http://RedSkelton.com, make sure you are okay with your home address, being listed on this site...now everyone knows you have artwork in your home AND where you live.
4) Ask them to see a printout of their website traffic. According to http://bizinformation.com.my/www.redskelton.com website, they get LESS THAN 10 hits a day! That's not a whole lot of traffic coming to buy your artwork!
5) I checked with a lawyer and my insurance company, b/c Mr. Mett says he can authenticate artwork solely from emailed photos. They both said no reputable appraiser would use photos. Neither of these companies suggested using an online company like this.
6) Ask to come look at their gallery. Their address listed is a UPS location with PO boxes.
7) Get a second opinion before giving this company any of your money. Ask around what Red Skelton artwork is worth...research it on ebay and other websites. From the research I've done, it's only worth a few hundred dollars...so why spend a few hundred dollars on a Certificate. They may TELL you it is worth much more...but do your own research people. People can SAY anything, but it doesn't make it true.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/07/2013 05:52 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Red-Skelton/internet/Red-Skelton-RedSkeltoncom-OFFICIAL-Red-Skelton-Web-Site-Art-Corporation-of-America-This-992963. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.