• Report: #919497

• Reported By: Disgruntled Consumer — Plano Texas United States of America
RedBox
One Tower Lane, Oakbrook IL 60181 Casselberry, Florida United States of America

RedBox Criminal Expense for Mistake Casselberry, Florida

I dropped a Redbox video in a Blockbuster Express kiosk and dropped a Blockbuster video in a RedBox kiosk.  Neither company has any indicator on the disk that the video belongs to them so it is easy for this to happen.  Blockbuster Express got the Redbox video out of the kiosk and contacted me so that I could return it to RedBox. Redbox was not so helpful...I called them about 8 times in the course of a month and usually got a different answer most times that I called.

They never returned the video and although Blockbuster Express told me that the cutoff for the charges was 30 days I just got a bill from them for $42.00.  I get that I made a mistake and should have to pay extra but they can by 20 or 30 DVD's with that amount of money. YES I did have to pay for everyday that the Redbox movie was not in their possession so this was a crazy expensive mistake.

It is ridiculous that Redbox is not more accountable for the products in their control. To add insult to injury when I returned the video to RedBox I had to PURCHASE a case from them at their kiosk to return the video! RedBox still has not returned the video and for the price I am paying Blockbuster Express I should at least get the video that RedBox is renting out and continuing to make money on!  Again OK I messed up but this is an extreme amount of money to have to pay for a mistake.  I miss the days of video stores! I guess if I want to rent movies it will have to be Netflix!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 06:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RedBox/Casselberry-Florida-32707/RedBox-Criminal-Expense-for-Mistake-Casselberry-Florida-919497. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RedBox