Complaint Review: RedTagMarket

• Updated: Tue, November 16, 2010

• Reported By: fafnir — Internet Mauritius
RedTagMarket
Indian Trail, North Carolina United States of America

RedTagMarket RedTagMarket never shipped my item, won't refund me, and won't even answer my emails. Indian Trail, North Carolina

*Author of original report: Got my refund back

I bought the Ace Ventura boxset with RedTagMarket on eBay and little did I know this would turn out to be by far the most horrible experience I've ever had with an eBay seller. I've been buying things regularly from eBay for over 4 years, and this is the first time I've seen such blatant stealing from an eBay seller and I'm even considering closing my eBay account because of this.

What happened is the boxset never turned up. I contacted RedTagMarket about it and they always went on about waiting a little while longer. Now, bear in mind that I had waited a full month before contacting them. After some pestering, they said they would send another item. At this point, they were always prompt to reply (there's a reason behind this).

You'll have guessed it, this "second item" also never turned up. At this point, I am legitimately annoyed. I contact them again, and I get the usual "wait a few days more" statement. As usual, they're quick to reply. Being a nice guy, I'm stupid enough to listen to RedTagMarket. Unsurprisingly (in hindsight), the item never turns up.

At this point, I go ahead and ask them to issue me a full refund. Having bought this on eBay and because eBay has a 45-day deadline for opening cases, I could not go through the usual eBay/PayPal channels to get my money back. RedTagMarket then suddenly ignores all my queries.

From the sequence of events, it is too obvious that RedTagMarket never once intended to send me my item but relied on the fact that I'm an international customer (from Mauritius) to get those 45 days rolling so that I would never get my money back. I am seriously annoyed that a supposedly respectable company would have absolutely no hesitation to resort to such shameful tactics to rip me of my money (and bear in fact that 1USD is worth around 30 in my currency, which is quite a lot for our standard of living).

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/14/2010 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RedTagMarket/Indian-Trail-North-Carolina-28079/RedTagMarket-RedTagMarket-never-shipped-my-item-wont-refund-me-and-wont-even-answer-m-661778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on RedTagMarket

Got my refund back

AUTHOR: fafnir - (Mauritius)

I am happy to report that RedTagMarket finally issued me a refund. I had to contact them through their website for that as my queries through eBay would go unanswered, but once I had contacted them through their website, they were quite quick in issuing a refund.