Complaint Review: Redbox Automated Retail, LLC

• Updated: Tue, February 07, 2012

• Reported By: e-m@n — Middletown Connecticut United States of America
Redbox Automated Retail, LLC
One Tower Lane Oakbrook, Illinois United States of America

Redbox Automated Retail, LLC RedBox CHARGED FOR A FAILED TRANSACTION SCAM Oakbrook, Illinois

I rented 2 dvds last Friday and returned them the following day. Then, I saw that I was charged for 2 separate transactions. It looks like your DVD kiosk systems has a bug in it's payment systems.

Last Friday, my first try to rent the 2 dvds failed after I swiped my card. No disks came out of the machine and there was a message on the screen saying that it failed and my card will NOT be charged for that transaction. And the message also said that, I can try it again after a few minutes. This message just showed that the systems knows that THE TRANSACTION FAILED. So, I tried renting the same dvds again after a few minutes as, recommended by the error message on the screen. And this time, I was able to get the dvds after swiping my card again.

I am really surprised when I saw in my bank transaction records that I WAS CHARGED FOR BOTH THE FAILED TRANSACTION AND SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS! The amount charged is not the issue here but, the way your system continued to charged me for a failed transaction. If this is happening to all your kiosks, that will be a ton of money generated for failed transactions!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2012 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redbox-Automated-Retail-LLC/Oakbrook-Illinois-60181/Redbox-Automated-Retail-LLC-RedBox-CHARGED-FOR-A-FAILED-TRANSACTION-SCAM-Oakbrook-Illino-835450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redbox Automated Retail, LLC