Complaint Review: Redbox DVD Rental Kiosk

• Updated: Sun, February 21, 2010

• Reported By: Lynn — conley Georgia United States of America
Redbox DVD Rental Kiosk
conley, Georgia United States of America

Redbox DVD Rental Kiosk red box, redbox, redbox.com Unautherized charges to my checking account conley, Georgia

*Consumer Comment: its 1 dollar a day

*Consumer Suggestion: No late fees.

*Consumer Suggestion: No late fees.

Don't use this company. They say that they don't charge any late fee's but they do. I rented five dvd's. I accidentally kept them for 13 days and they charged me $13 for each dvd after I returned them, which came to a total of $55. I didn't give them permission to access my account or to charge my card again. They also say that after you have paid a certain amount of money in late fees ($25), you get to keep the movie. This is also a lie. Like i said, I was charged $55 and I was not even allowed to keep any of the dvd's nor was I mailed any dvd's. When I called customer service, they refused to help me, compensate  for any of my loss, or even mail me any dvds. They just kept saying that they dont charge late fees and that I had given them permission to access my account any additional time that they wanted to by making my first transaction with them. This company is a scamer; expect no curtousy or justice.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/09/2010 01:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redbox-DVD-Rental-Kiosk/conley-Georgia-30288/Redbox-DVD-Rental-Kiosk-red-box-redbox-redboxcom-Unautherized-charges-to-my-checking-ac-551571. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redbox DVD Rental Kiosk

its 1 dollar a day

AUTHOR: bleedingeyes - (United States of America)

you should read it again. its 1 dollar a day.   you kept all 5 dvd's for 13 days so you were charged for 13 days each movie. you get to keep the movie that you kept for 25 days that made total of 25.00. its not total of 25.00 from all 5 movies. when you use kiosk you give permission to charge your card.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

No late fees.

AUTHOR: dunamis1989 - (United States of America)

Redbox is correct when they say they do not charge late fees. What they do, is that they charge you $1 per night that you keep the DVD. You should have read that before keeping the DVD's for 13 days. And as far as after $25, you get to keep the DVD, I am pretty sure that it only applies after 25 days. Lets say you rent 25 DVD's from Redbox. You don't get to keep any of the DVD's just because you paid $25 dollars to Redbox. You would have to be charged $25 per DVD in order to keep it.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

No late fees.

AUTHOR: dunamis1989 - (United States of America)

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC