Complaint Review: Redbox DVD Rentals; vending machines

• Submitted: Sat, August 14, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, August 14, 2010

• Reported By: rjh — Lodi California United States of America
Redbox DVD Rentals; vending machines
One Tower Lane Suite 1200. Oakbrook Terrace , IL 6 Terrace, Illinois United States of America

Redbox DVD Rentals; vending machines charging twice for each rental Terrace, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: Return Time..

I work the graveyard shift, and swing by a 7-11 with a  redbox vending machine. I usually get there between 9:10 and 9:35 PM. I've rented movies before and had them
double bill me before. I quit using them. Recently I rented 3 DVDs on 3 consecutive.
nights.Returned each the following night within 10 minutes of rental. I expected to be
charged for 1 night each. Again, they have double billed me. My debit card shows 6
charges of $1.25 + tax for my rental of 3 DVDs, each for 1 night. The first time it was
for 4 movies, this time it's for 3. That's $1.25 + tax times 7. I will fill out an online
complaint @ redbox's website. I will NEVER again use their rip-off vending machines. These machines are outside 24/7. Nobody around lots of the time. Graffity much?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/14/2010 12:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redbox-DVD-Rentals-vending-machines/Terrace-Illinois-60181/Redbox-DVD-Rentals-vending-machines-charging-twice-for-each-rental-Terrace-Illinois-631414. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redbox DVD Rentals; vending machines

Return Time..

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

The return time for RedBox movies are 9PM, and I don't think that it yours would be any different.  So no matter when you rent them they are due by 9PM the next evening.  So if you are returning them at 9:10-9:35PM you are being charged an additional day and it is not a double charge.  Perhaps you could "swing by" the Redbox to return them before you start work.

Oh and if they have graffity on them that is not the fault of Redbox, but the people who don't have respect for other people's property.