Complaint Review: Redbox

• Updated: Mon, December 19, 2011

• Reported By: Michael — Houston Texas United States of America
1 Tower Lane Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois United States of America

Redbox charged me $63 for a game I returned Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois

I rented an xbox 360 game at a local redbox. I returned the game 2 days later, without getting a chance to play it even once.

About a month later I see the $63 charge on my bank account for the game I returned. I contacted redbox and asked them what I could do about the issue. They said all they can do is credit me with 4 game rentals. That is non-sense.

Everyone knows computers make mistakes, ive read about this happening to a lot of people. However redbox customer service is completely unwilling to resolve this issue in a satisfactory manner. I will not accept $6 credit after I was robbed of $63.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that there system is designed to scalp their customers when something like this happens. They have NO SYSTEM in place to send you an email when your movie or game is 'X' days overdue.

Redbox knows their machines make mistakes sometimes, but they want the customer to pay for them when they do happen.

I think i'll be using blockbuster express kiosks from now on or take video of each time I return a game or movie.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2011 10:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redbox/Oakbrook-Terrace-Illinois-60187/Redbox-charged-me-63-for-a-game-I-returned-Oakbrook-Terrace-Illinois-811265. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redbox