Complaint Review: Redbox

Redbox

Redbox Credit Card debit card scam, Internet

*Consumer Comment: Good For Them

*Consumer Comment: comment

I tried to reserve some movies online and it said my cvc code was wrong. I tried 2x more and it woulkd not go through. I checked my bank and it showed it was authorized, I called redbox who said the transaction was cancelled. (that was the 14th now it is the 17th and my money is till tied up) I asked why and they said it was my bank or card company fault, again i advised them that it was my unemployment visa debit card. The then told me that was the problem, they are not accepting any federally or state issued debit cards. I asked to talk to a supervisor who told me the following:

REDBOX IS NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY UNEMPLOYMENT, WELFARE, CHILD SUPPORT FEDERALLY OR STATE ISSUED CREDIT DEBIT CARDS. WE ARE ALSO NO LONGER ACCEPTING ANY PREPAID DEBIT VISA CARDS LIKE GREENDOT, VISION, NETSPEND, WALMART ECT. ALL THIS DUE TO THE FACT THAT PEOPLE ARE USING THE CARDS PUTTING A LITTLE MONEY ON THEM AND RENTING 20.00 MOVIES THEN THROWING THE CARDS AWAY AND KEEPING THE MOVIES.

What a ripoff, when a majority of the people who rent are on unemployment now and these folks will not be able rent from them and because of the economy alot of people are using the prepaid cards but not now with redbox.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/17/2011 04:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redbox/internet/Redbox-Credit-Card-debit-card-scam-Internet-718761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redbox

Good For Them

AUTHOR: Cory - (U.S.A.)

I'm getting sick and tired of MY tax dollars getting used for; trips to Hawaii, used in casinos AND paying for DVD's at redbox. I mean I don't mind helping out, but paying for some unemployeed person to sit on their ass and watch DVD's. HELL NO! Watched some women at wal-mart use her lone star card to but food AND buy live guppies and goldfish. If she's got the money to buy live fish, I shouldn't be footing her food bill. Talk about a rip off.

AUTHOR: Jeanski - (USA)

No ripoff here. Seems like a perfectly logical business decision. Why not get movies at the library for free?