Complaint Review: Redline Executives

• Reported By: Anonymous — Blue Jay California United States of America
Redline Executives
Riverside, California United States of America

Redline Executives hiring practices aka Bait and Switch Riverside, California

I have no idea whether Redline Executives is a good place to work or not.  I'm here to complain about their dishonest and misleading hiring practices.

I responded to an ad for Office Administrator.  I got a call from the receptionist saying her manager had noticed my resume and wanted me to come in for an interview.  I set up the time, and was asked to bring a copy of my resume and to dress in business professional clothing (duh?)  Then, like anyone, searched online to find out as much about the company as they could.

I found numerous complaints regarding sketchy hiring practices, so I called the receptionist back and asked pointed questions about the position for which I was being interviewed.  She assured me that I was not going to be expected to sell, that it was a salaried position and that I would not be required to travel.  In fact, she assured me that I would be doing exactly what she currently does in the office.

When I got to the office, I was interviewed by a young man who barely looked at my resume.  He asked me leading questions that ended up with him saying, "you know, based upon your answers, I really feel that you would be best suited to our Customer Service position."  Then he explained how they would most likely call for a second interview, at which time I would go to an "Event Site" (read: Sam's Club) and watch others do demonstrations (read: sell car wax or window chip repair). There never was an Office Administrator position open as the two offices are fully staffed and neither of their Office Administrators are planning on leaving any time soon.

The bottom line:  Whether people succeed at selling for this company or not is a moot point, in my opinion.  Any company that has to recruit using false advertising or a bait and switch tactic is not a company I want to work for.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2013 01:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Redline-Executives/Riverside-California-/Redline-Executives-hiring-practices-aka-Bait-and-Switch-Riverside-California-1006175. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Redline Executives