Complaint Review: Reduced Rate Long Distance LLC

• Submitted: Mon, June 02, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, June 02, 2008

• Reported By:Boston Massachusetts
Reduced Rate Long Distance LLC
http://www.rrld.net/ Orlando, Florida U.S.A.

Reduce Rate Long Distance, LLC Charged me between $15-20 per month for six months -- for nothing! Orlando Florida

I was contacted by a sales representative of the company who initially made it sound like my current provider (Qwest) would no longer be offering long distance service and I would need to choose a new one. I was also told that I needed to give RRLD permission to switch over to this new service, but it would save me money over my old plan. And I would be billed for this new service as part of my Qwest telephone bill.

What I was never told was that, in order to make the switch, I had to personally call Qwest to cancel my old plan and order the switch. So six months went by in which I was being charged a monthly fee by RRLD while still paying Qwest for my long distance calls. In other words, I was being double billed for my long distance calls.

The irony is that RRLD's monthly fee (which was just a service fee without any calls) was MORE than I paid Qwest for my actual calls! And because it was included with the rest of my phone bill, it took me six months to notice that I was paying for services that I actually never received.

When I called their "customer service" line, the representative kept insisting that I had been informed that I needed to call Qwest to make the switch, and that it was on the recorded confirmation call. I was sent the recording, and nowhere on the recording was I ever told this. When I called back asking where on the recording it could be found, the representative told me "I never said that," started yelling at me and hung up on me.

Mister C
Boston, Massachusetts

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/02/2008 05:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reduced-Rate-Long-Distance-LLC/Orlando-Florida/Reduce-Rate-Long-Distance-LLC-Charged-me-between-15-20-per-month-for-six-months-for-n-336496. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reduced Rate Long Distance LLC