- Report: #775998
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Reed Construction Data
Reed Construction Data30 Technology Parkway South suite 100 Norcross, Georgia United States of America
Reed Construction Data I can't beleive these theives are getting away with this Norcross, Georgia
*UPDATE Employee: Dear Gigi - Douglasville Georgia:
That sounded great but we needed more time to think about it. So we told the Sales Rep Steve that we were not ready but we would be at the end of June. We were so excited that we found a data base that would give us what we needed to grow our business.
Once the end of June arrived Steve called us and was ready for us to sign up. He was telling us what a great deal we were going to get and that we would receive one month free. Of course I told him I did not want any commitment and asked him if I could stop the service at any time and what did he say. "Of course you stop at any time, but you will like our service so much you will not want to cancel" Then I said that does not matter I need to make sure that if we need to cancel I can cancel and he said, "yes its no problem" FYI Reed Construction Data positioned there services as a subscription not a contract.
So we signed up and everyone was so excited for us the account manager Denise called us up and gave us a brief training. August comes and we see a charge on our account from Reed data construction, I'm like what happen to our free month.
I called Denise and inquired about the charge and told her we were supposed to get one month free. She told me that we did get our 1 month free because we were not charged for July. I told her that we signed up on June 30th which is the last day of the month so technically that 1st payment should cover the 1st 30 days (July 30th) which means August should have been
free and we should not have been charged until September. The most ridiculous thing came out of her mouth she said "if you had signed up on June 15 then you would have been able to see your free month but since you didn't that is why it seems like you didnt receive your free month". Im thinking to myself that she sounds silly because the last time I checked a month
equaled out to 30 days.
I was lied to and I could not trust them anymore so I wanted to cancel. Of course Denise stated " I could not cancel until after 1 year and I was locked into this contract After that it was a bunch of going back and forth and she basically threatened me and told me that it was okay if I did not pay she would just send it over to the creditors and she could do it that day.
So lets break this situation down
1. I did not sign anything with my signature. Normally when you enter into a contract where there is some type of commitment you usually sign your name in wet ink and receive a copy for records, neither happened.
2. Steve told me that I could cancel at any time and the company misrepresented this service as subscription not a contract.
3. How is it possible that you can bully someone into paying 1 year without the option to cancel when there is no collateral,
equipment or money was given to the person? Even cell phone companies give you a discounted phone and give you an
option to leave by paying an early termination fee. Unfortunately, there is no way out of this contract.
4. Miss Denise told me that because I agreed to the terms and conditions I was locked into this contract. Remember I said I did not sign anything, but what I did was when I first logged on to the program a window popped up with the usual agree or not agree to terms and conditions and of course you cannot use the subscription that you already paid for until you agree. Question? With any program and subscription that you sign up for when you agree to terms and condition you are usually agreeing that you will use their program, subscription, website, etc. lawfully, not agreeing to a non-breakable agreement.
Now remember I stated earlier that they charged my account on August 22nd, well to fix them I made sure I changed
my card account info and it is a good thing I did because these thieves tried to charge my account on September 9th. Barely two weeks later were they trying to take more money and then they have the nerve to send me a FINAL NOTICE three
days later about my account being severely past due. Really these people are a bunch of clowns.
Overall, their whole business practices are shady and deceitful if they had told me that this was a non-breakable
contract I would have hung up the phone and they knew that. That is why they never told me and outright
lied to me about being able to cancel.
The sad part is that they can get away with this because they are dealing with businesses and they know a business will not risk their business credit. In a case that a business defaults they just sell it to a third party creditor and get paid for nothing. They
are getting over on people think about it, me canceling my subscription will not cause them any damages, they did not invest additional time into their service, the information is already collected whether I sign up or not. They did not give me anything tangible, valuable or loan me anything of value to hold me in this contract.
I have one word for this company, CROOKS. Any company that does not allow you to cancel a subscription is a company you do not want to do business with. Most importantly these companies are getting craftier not only do you have read what you sign, but now you have to read before you click anything.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/12/2011 10:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reed-Construction-Data/Norcross-Georgia-30092/Reed-Construction-Data-I-cant-beleive-these-theives-are-getting-away-with-this-Norcross-775998. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.