Complaint Review: Referralware - Brightbuilders - Wholesale Warehouse

• Submitted: Fri, December 10, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 17, 2004

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Referralware - Brightbuilders - Wholesale Warehouse
1510 N. Technology Way, Orem UT 84097 Orem, Utah U.S.A.

Referralware, Brightbuilders, Wholesale Warehouse Companies united to RIP people off! Rip-off! Nationwide USA

*Author of original report: Update on Referralware, Brightbuilders, and warehouse ripoff

I had joined Referralware as a member. A few weeks into it, I got a call from a person at Referralware who said he wanted to "check in" with me and was my mentor for success. At the end of a few conversations, he said there was an internet business available only to a few, and that those few would have extreme coaching for success. The net: I paid over $7,000 for a complet internet business package which was to be provided by Brightbuilders. I never heard from Referralware again. Brightbuilders had very little to do with me over the past year. They were also connected to a "recommended" wholesale warehouse.

One year later, there were thousands of hits on my website, and all I got in my email were 7 attempts at fraud. I decided something was "fishy". I cancelled the contract, one year into it. I requested the second year of the warehouse contract be refunded. They said you have 3 days to back out of this deal, and they keep everything. BUYER BEWARE!!! Referralware, Brightbuilders, and the warehouse all seem to be connected in an effort to keep your money. It was very strange when I cancelled there was no attempt to keep my business. I'm convinced the "scam" artists on the net are beginning to unite. I've worked on internet related business for over 10 years and have never witnessed anything quite as blatant as this.

FYI - what do you get for just over 7 grand??? Very limited support, a tutorial copied off other internet sites, admission to THEIR warehouse, and 4 marketing pages which look as though they were written by a gradeschool person. YOU build the website, and drive everything associated with the business. IN ADDITION, you still have to pay a hosting fee on top of everything monthly. Beware of the various entities which are uniting to scam you!

Sharon
Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2004 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Referralware-Brightbuilders-Wholesale-Warehouse/Orem-Utah-84097/Referralware-Brightbuilders-Wholesale-Warehouse-Companies-united-to-RIP-people-off-Rip--122193. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Referralware - Brightbuilders - Wholesale Warehouse

Update on Referralware, Brightbuilders, and warehouse ripoff

AUTHOR: Sharon - (U.S.A.)

Response from query to Referralware: They didn't recall the person who sold me the "special" Web package from Brightbuilders as being anyone with their organization. I found my notes and pointed out that I called them back on the 800 number for Referralware and spoke with the individual directly. They said he must have been doing this on his own, without their knowledge, and said they have no responsibility for the refund of any of my package which was over $7,000.

Response from query to Brightbuilders: You had 3 days to rescind the offer on the package and did not. There is no refund. I pointed out the 2 year subscription to a specific wholesale warehouse was not disclosed, until over one month afterwards, when I pressured them for disclosure. I informed the BBB and they won't budge thinking they can continue to scam people with erroneous policies to take their money. The 3 day timeframe to rescind was given by Referralware and not by Brightbuilders. The only thing given was a wonderful web package to set up my own business with professional help and mentoring. The majority of their promises never happened.

Wholesale Warehouse reponse: They cannot refund the one year subscription because Brightbuilders paid for it.