Complaint Review: Refund Recovery-overnight Recovery Software

• Submitted: Wed, June 25, 2003
  • Updated: Fri, July 11, 2003

• Reported By:jamestown New York
Refund Recovery-overnight Recovery Software
414 W. Sunrise Hwy.#326 Patchogue, New York U.S.A.

Refund Recovery-overnight Recovery Software ripoff fraud business Patchogue New York

*Consumer Comment: DON'T BE THAT "SUCKER" THAT'S BORN EVERY MINUTE!

*Consumer Suggestion: finding the one responsible

my husband and i found this so called company on the internet from an email sent to us. we thought it sounded like a good opportunity to make some extra money at home. we know many people who have jobs on the internet that are truly honest companies. this so called company took us.

we filled out all the information and gave them our checking account to withdraw the $88.00 needed to get started. needless to say we are out our money and have no so called material to work with. we want our money back. we have made numerous phone calls to this company and every time we get a voice mail. we leave messages but no one ever calls back.

i-deal direct interactive inc. is also listed on this companies ad. we really learned a hard lesson by not checking them out first. please get us our money back and get these people off of the internet. please help!

Donald
jamestown, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2003 04:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Refund-Recovery-overnight-Recovery-Software/Patchogue-New-York-11772/Refund-Recovery-overnight-Recovery-Software-ripoff-fraud-business-Patchogue-New-York-61753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Refund Recovery-overnight Recovery Software

AUTHOR: Terry - (U.S.A.)

Knowing I was out of work, and partially disabled, my aunt sent me information about how I could work from home using the my computer and the internet. I know she meant well BUT ... I immediately knew it was a scam. I've researched hundreds of these gimmicks, and the only people making any money are the people selling the scams to regular consumers: you and me!

These predators create a webpage which makes one think the product being pitched is well-financed and successful (anyone can make a webpage look like a million dollars!). Then the cons highlight 'success stories' of those they say simply followed the rules (I could make up a lie and put it on a webpage, too - how would you know the difference?). They then say, usually at some length, about how ANYONE can do this and make a million bucks! Well, think about it -- if ANYONE could do it, why aren't there more millionaires around, and why sell an idea/product if its making YOU the money in the first place? These cons are NOT out to 'share the wealth!" They are out to fleece you!

ALWAYS check out EVERYTHING before you send ONE DOLLAR to anyone or any business on the Internet. Check with the Better Business Bureau, check with any Internet Fraud agency (there are dozens), go to internet sites that specialize in exposing internet scams, run a search on the company name itself and see how many hits you get and how many different prices are being quoted for the SAME idea/product. Write a letter to their 'snail mail' address and see if it even gets delivered! Call the company and ask to speak to the CEO!

And ... STOP being so greedy! These cons prey on two things .... our greed and our gullibility. There is NO get rich quick scheme that really works ... unless you win the lottery (and that's a gamble, but you KNOW it when you buy the ticket!). P.T. Barnum said "there is a sucker born every minute" -- don't YOU be the next one!

My dad used to say: if you see a steaming pile of bear scat, do you really need to TASTE it to know what it is and to run like the dickens the OTHER WAY?

#5 Consumer Suggestion

finding the one responsible

AUTHOR: Neil - (U.S.A.)

I live a town over from them. The phone number they give is a new york city number over 50 miles away as long island where they are located has a 631 area code only manhattan has a 212 area code. You should take the phone number go to whitepages.com go to reverse lookup and get the real address then run it to get a name!

nearby