Complaint Review: Regency Financial/ Ivan Levy

• Updated: Sun, February 03, 2013

• Reported By: Denise — Rockport Massachusetts United States of America
Regency Financial/ Ivan Levy
8461 Lake Worth Rd Suite 163 Lake Worth, Florida United States of America

Regency Financial/ Ivan Levy Stacey Brown Promised to obtain a refinance for my auto loan, never obtained any deals and my auto was repossessed Lake Worth, Florida

*Author of original report: Ivan

*Consumer Comment: happened to me

*Consumer Comment: Ripped Off

*Consumer Comment: A third party can not modify your existing contract

Heard an ad on the radio for Credit Yogi, a resource  to help people with high interest loans obtain refinancing.  I looked on line for the company, found it, filled out an app.  Ivan Levy got in touch with me by phone.  Took all of my information regarding my auto loan, amount, lender, interest rate and so on.  He claimed that he could help me obtain financing at a lower interest rate from my original lender or another if need be.  I had to pay a fee of $500.00 up front before he would begin to help me.  This all began in August 2012 by December 8, 2012 my auto had been repossessed.  From August to December Ivan Levy claims he was in contact with my original lender and that my auto was safe and would not be repossessed.  At 2 junctures I had to send the lender one full and one partial auto payment, at the direction of Ivan Levy.  He only sent me two links for possible refinancing from other lenders and both proved futile.  My credit score was low and my auto had high mileage, so it prevented me from finding a refinance deal.  My original lender would not lower my interest rate and they made that perfectly clear up front.  Once my auto was repossessed I called Ivan Levy to let him know and he was surprised that it happened.  I never spoke with him again, we had a few email conversations, he threatened to send one of my emails to his legal department because he said it bordered defamation, the wording I used was "up and Up" and "legitimate".  I have sent many emails to Ivan Levy requesting the return of my $500.00 but he never has answered them.  His company Regency Financial advertises  a money back guarantee if in six months time a solution can not be reached.  He is a crook and prays on the poor people who need help.  He just makes himself an illegal living.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 10:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regency-Financial-Ivan-Levy/Lake-Worth-Florida-33467/Regency-Financial-Ivan-Levy-Stacey-Brown-Promised-to-obtain-a-refinance-for-my-auto-loan-1008057. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regency Financial/ Ivan Levy

Ivan

AUTHOR: doxielady - ()

Oh yes that is his real name, I found him on facebook....looks like a weasle and he is one.  The bast*, he should be in jail.  Hopefully people will read this and not be sucked in by him.

happened to me

AUTHOR: mad consumer - ()

I to was caught up in his scam he told me he contacted my lender help me but all he did was ask for a payoff amount. He left me a cursing laced voice mail. He really did nothing that I couldn't do on my own. Don't fall for this guy's bull.

Ripped Off

AUTHOR: GotRippedOff - ()

I to paid $499 and had NOTHING happen. Ivan Levy (which is probably not even his real name)  promised he would lower my monthly payment but only sent a link to a refinance company that could not refinance me due to the age my my car. ..he bailed on me after they came after me for repo and I was on my own. I stopped my own damn reposession but never ever ever did it lower my payments as he promised. He bailed when I was behind on my high ass car notes. He should be in JAIL.

A third party can not modify your existing contract

AUTHOR: MovingForward - (USA)

Only the people in the contract can change the contract and it has to be in writing to be effective. You were scammed since this Credit Yogi was not a party to the original finance agreement.  You don't say who the lender is, but once you have signed the loan docs, you are stuck in the loan until payoff. A third party can not modify your loan with any vehicle lender. You can get out of the loan by 1) paying it off or 2) refinancing with another lender or 3) selling the vehicle and paying off the loan. As you found out, if you don't make your payments, the vehicle will be repossessed. Once the lender gets the vehicle, they will sell it and you are still responsible for the deficiency balance due after the vehicle auction sale.

I am sorry you fell for the scam that this Credit Yogi is perpetuating.  The moment he told you to not make additional payments, that was a giant red flag. Sending him money up front - another huge red flag. He is not going to refund you anything as he sounds like he has taken this scam to a whole new level by placing ads on the radio for new victims.

Contact your lender now. See what you can do to straighten out the repo. If it is too late, then figure out what you can do to make sure you don't get a judgment for the deficiency on the vehicle sale.