Complaint Review: Regency Furniture

• Submitted: Tue, October 26, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, December 22, 2006

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Regency Furniture
990 Largo Center Drive Largo, Maryland U.S.A.

Regency Furniture Clearance Sales Center; Regency Furniture Showrooms; Mid Atlantic Furniture Distributors ripoff money hostage bad service unfriendly management sexual harrassment no inventory Largo Maryland

*UPDATE Employee: Boxspring mishap

In July, I paid for a king mattress/boxspring and noone called to arrange a delivery. After 3 calls to the warehouse, they finally told me it was no longer in stock and to come out and pick another one out.

I did so (August) only to be harrassed by the salesman trying to get my phone number. He even followed me out the store to ask for my number again.

I picked out another set. It was delivered in September with the wrong boxsprings. I called the warehouse and they told me it was the right one and it was supposed to fit that way. (too long in length and too short in width)
After several calls and visits to other stores, I contacted Regency again, and told them this was wrong because I checked around. They told me to look at the tags and tell me what they say. The warehouse manager says "yes, that is the wrong boxspring."

I took off work October 15th no call or delivery. I said I want my money back. The manager said "you're not going to get it!" I would have to "wait" until they could deliver. He would not tell me who owned Regency Furniture.

Jana
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2004 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regency-Furniture/Largo-Maryland-20774/Regency-Furniture-Clearance-Sales-Center-Regency-Furniture-Showrooms-Mid-Atlantic-Furnit-114604. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regency Furniture

Boxspring mishap

AUTHOR: Salem - (U.S.A.)

Since there was no invoice number or full name given in the letter that the customer wrote I have no way of finding out what exactly happend. However my immediate thought on the situation is that the customer was told that the boxsprings were the right ones because that is what may have been written on the invoice. This could have been an honest mistake made by the salesperson, and in that case Regency Furniture does recognize that people do make mistakes and we were happy to have the customer return to our store in order to pick out the right boxsprings. As one can imagine, boxsprings can be very hard to tell apart sometimes, so mistakes do happen, and we do apologize for it.

However we did allow the customer to come and pick out the right boxsprings in person to ensure that it does not happen again. And once the right ones were chosen we did deliver them as soon as they arrived from the manufacturer.

As for the salesman who supposedly sexually harassed the customer at the time she came back to choose the right boxsprings, no names were ever mentioned. We have no way of knowing who the salesman was, and we do need a name or at least a description so that we can take the proper measures and ensure that he does not do this to other customers. When the alleged harrassment did occur, the customer should have notified the store management, so that immediate action could be carried out.

Unfortunatly at this point since there was not any sufficient information given about the salesman there is really nothing that can be done. If the customer wishes, she is welcome to send Regency a letter with a description, or anything that would be effective in helping us find out who that salesman is.