Complaint Review: Regency Theaters - Westminster 10

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous — Westminster California United States of America
Regency Theaters - Westminster 10
6721 Westminster Blvd Westminster, California United States of America

Regency Theaters - Westminster 10 over charging customers Westminster, California

I visit this theater regularly and usually buy concessions because I know that that's the way theaters make their money. However, I was quite disturbed to realize that this theater was charging more than the prices listed -- when it said clearly that the prices listed included all applicable taxes. After asking an employee about this they took on an attitude and said that they charge the price on the board as well as taxes. When I explained that the sign clearly states taxes are already included the employee rolled her eyes at me, called another employee over and said to learn the definition of words. After being humiliated by the employees I paid for my items and walked into my theater to watch my movie. However, I did decide to pull up the definition of the phrase, "all applicable tax included" just to be sure that I was correct, and I was. When a sign states that "all applicable tax is included" then businesses are not allowed to add extra charges to items being purchased. Due to the behavior of the employees I encountered, of which I only caught the name of one - Paige - I find that I would rather not visit a place where their business is conducted in a fraudulent manner by employees who would humiliate and piss off  customers. When I tried to send in a complaint to this theater, their website kept saying error and would not let me send anything in. Ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 03:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regency-Theaters-Westminster-10/Westminster-California-/Regency-Theaters-Westminster-10-over-charging-customers-Westminster-California-1003984. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regency Theaters - Westminster 10