• Report: #320123

• Submitted: Sat, March 22, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, March 22, 2008

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Regent University School Of Law
1000 Regent University Dr, Virginia Beach, Virginia U.S.A.

Regent University School Of Law There is no JUSTICE without a righteous JUDGE Virginia Beach Virginia

ATTORNEY RANDY SINGER,
CHAIRMAN,
Government Board of Visitors,
Regent University School of Law,
Regent University,
1000 Regent University Dr,
Virginia Beach, VA 23
Dated January 23, 2007.

OBJECTIVE: Requesting to release my LL.M Diploma Certificate and consider my Federal Loan repayment.

Dear the Honorable Attorney Singer,

As stated above, I was a student at Regent University School of Law as LL.M (Master of Laws) since 1999. In the Fall of 1999, I was accepted as a double-major program (LL.M and Government Public Policy). However, I was not allowed to enroll in double-major program. As a favor, I was allowed to enroll for one Semester. At the end of the Fall Semester, my grades were switched to a lower grade (Government Public Policy to LL.M). I spoke with the Registrar's Office and said that I was dismissed from LL.M program even though I was still a student in LL.M program. It meant that the Law School tried to single me out from other students.

A week before my graduation date, my name was removed from the graduation lists. I asked Thomas M. Diggs who was a former Associate Dean at Regent University School of Law, what was the reason for removing my name from the lists. According to his comments, my GPA was not good enough to graduate even though I was not allowed to see LAW 911 for a year, which was taught by Thomas M. Diggs. I tried to redo on that paper; however, my computer accessibility was blocked and defaced. I asked help from Computer Services, but nobody can.

In the spring of 2000, when I was working on LAW 911, Howard Shannon who was a former Computer Access Supervisor at Regent University School of Law Library stole my textbooks and wallet. However, she is no longer with Regent University School of Law. She returned my wallet to me after three months of the said incidents. She returned all my textbooks to me through Student Services after a year later.

Because of the said incidents, Howard Shannon and Thomas M. Diggs blocked my computer access into my classes. When I faced a hate crime from my roommate, the administrative bodies were not willing to handle the case properly. When the Financial Aid Department under US Department of Education requested their decisions, the School never released the information to the agency.

On September 7, 2001, I filed a complaint with grievance committee at Regent University. According to Dr. Barry Ryan, You must get the committee's decision within a month. However, I did not get their decision until November 4, 2001. Therefore, I decided to visit my relatives in Burma. On November 5, 2001, Thomas M. Diggs and accomplice stole my passport. I was put in Salvation Army for a year. The said discriminatory activities were the ultimate goal of Regent University School of Law.

I filed a complaint with Office for Civil Rights under US Department of Education, AALDEF, NAACP, and ACLU. Because of my complaint Thomas M. Diggs was removed from Regent University School of Law. Howard Shannon, Michael Ash, and Albert Liu resigned as well. According to Thomas M. Diggs, I was dismissed from LL.M based on the following reasons:

(1)My GPA was not good enough to graduate even though I was not allowed to see my grades for a year.
(2)I copied some information from some other resources even though he allowed me to do that for the first two pages as a draft. Besides, my class modules for LAW 920 were totally blocked.

I strongly believe that the above decisions were injustice and discriminatory based on my National origin. Therefore, I pray that I am entitled to have the following remedies:

(1)I must have the right to see my grades, so I should have time to redo and raise on LAW 911 grade before my graduation.
(2)I must have equal opportunity to have textbooks and computer access to other
students.
(3)My complaint with grievance committee must be handled properly based on due process of Regent University Student Handbook.
(4)Thomas M. Diggs, Computer Access, and Registrar's unethical conducts must be handled appropriately.

As aforementioned, Regent University School of Law is responsible for this injustice and unethical conducts which Thomas M. Diggs and accomplice did. Based on our Contract Law, please kindly investigate the wrongdoing of Thomas M. Diggs and accomplice and release my LL.M Certificate along with Federal Loan repayment.

If you need my supporting evidence, please let me know, I will be able to submit those immediately. I am looking forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Sincerely yours,
Kai K.
(757) (((REDACTED FOR SECURITY PURPOSES)))

cc:
Consular, Embassy of Myanmar in USA
Kai:/file

Kai
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2008 02:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regent-University-School-Of-Law/Virginia-Beach-Virginia-23464/Regent-University-School-Of-Law-There-is-no-JUSTICE-without-a-righteous-JUDGE-Virginia-Bea-320123. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regent University School Of Law