Complaint Review: Region Code Free DVD players

• Updated: Sat, July 05, 2014

• Reported By: Avabug — Other
Region Code Free DVD players
Internet USA

Region Code Free DVD players Took money from my dad, even though they said they did NOT have the product available. Internet

My dad is doing work for a company, that makes sure that the cable channels that show football (soccer), are showing the paid sponsors for the matches advertisments. Because of this, he has to record the games a lot.

He was in search of a dvd recorder with a tuner in it, because of the T.V we have. And no place in Trinidad currently sells something like that, so he went searching for an online deal. He ended up on this site for the best deal.

We do not have a credit card, so we asked my best friend to do the transaction for us, and my dad will just put the money in her account. The amount of money was close to $300 U.S, about $2000 TT dollars equivalent.

My best friend ordered the product, a Panasonic DMR-ES18PN Code Free DVD Recorder on June 24th. A week later, they called her to tell her they did not have that particular product, and they were trying to "upgrade" the product.

She asked them to cancel the first order. They said they did, but were having issues making the 2nd order with the upgrade. She was then told to email them at an email address that was not on the site. When she did, the email failed.

Any calls to that number they called her from, went unanswered. She checked the bank account, and the $200 U.S was gone. They did not take the $100 U.S for shipping. I called several times to no avail, and all my emails to the email address on the site have gone unanswered.

We have gathered it is a scam, mainly because that they should have said from the beginning that they did not have the product. The other issue was the fact that they themselves said they were having "problems" doing the change of order for the "upgrade". An "upgrade", that they never explained of what it is.

My dad is usually very cautious online. But I do believe he got ripped off and is out of $2000 TT, that he worked hard to earn. I feel terrible, for not putting my foot down and telling him NOT to go there, and try other sites, though they were more expensive.

Please, do not bash my dad. He's well aware that he lost the money, and should have been more careful and is kind of beating himself up over it already. All I want is some justice for my dad, even if the money lost can't be replaced.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2014 02:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Region-Code-Free-DVD-players/internet/Region-Code-Free-DVD-players-Took-money-from-my-dad-even-though-they-said-they-did-NOT-h-1159750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Region Code Free DVD players