Complaint Review: Regional Finance Corp

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: M. Suzanne — Texas
Regional Finance Corp
Nationwide USA

Regional Finance Corp Regional Finance Ran my credit without authorization; issued loan without proof of ID -- Identity Theft! Austin Nationwide

According to THEM:  They sent me a $1000 check in the mail; someone must have stolen my mail and cashed the check at a "don't ask" cash checking establishement and they cannot tell me anything more about it.  They have no further information about where the check was cashed or who cashed it.

This company ran my credit without my permission, issued out a loan under my name without even verifying that the information listed on the back of the check they sent matched my ACTUAL information (spoiler: it didn't -- the person cashing it couldn't even spell my name right and it was written on the front of the check!) and now I feel they are witholding information.  This is a loan agency, I find it hard to believe that they would issue out a loan without a contract and I find it even equally hard to believe that they would be sending out random, no strings attached (ha!) printed checks all over town that just anyone could cash.

They didn't stop payment on the check -- even though the copy they provided to me had OBVIOUS inconsistencies.  Nor did they call to verify any information with me BEFORE they processed the loan.  The first I heard about this loan was when they called me ten times one day to collect a payment that shouldn't have existed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2014 06:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regional-Finance-Corp/nationwide/Regional-Finance-Corp-Regional-Finance-Ran-my-credit-without-authorization-issued-loan-w-1158924. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regional Finance Corp