Complaint Review: Regions Bank

• Phone: 1-800-734-4667
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Regions Bank Ilegal practices Birmingham, Alabama

Regions Bank closed my account on 7/25/2011 without informing me with any correspondence whatsoever. I had to find out by going online and seeing that the online bill pays that I had scheduled were not scheduled as I had planned. When I called, I learned that they had closed the account. Shortly after, because my employer could not prevent my next scheduled direct deposit on 8/1/2011 from going to Regions Bank, it went there. When I scheduled a bank to bank transfer from Regions Bank to my current bank, I couldn't. Regions is not allowing my funds to come to me, nor mailing it.

Is that not illegal for a bank to do this?

A consumer has a right to their funds especially when the account is at a 0 balance and there are no outstanding loans, credit cards, liens, etc...there is absolutely no reason for this bank to hold my money. I have contacted the governmental agency that governs and regulates their actions and filed a complaint.

As of today, this very moment, Regions Bank has over $1,000 of my money and has yet to release it to me nor communicate to me that they plan on sending it to me.

Again, I ask, isn't it illegal for a bank to hold a consumer's funds?

They're treading on very dangerous waters because I have asked in my complaint that they be investigated....and they will be.

I still don't have my money that was directly deposited into Regions Bank from 8/1/2011 and absolutely no correspondence as to where it is.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/05/2011 06:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Bank/Birmingham-Alabama-35203/Regions-Bank-Ilegal-practices-Birmingham-Alabama-761578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Bank