Complaint Review: Regions Bank

• Submitted: Fri, October 31, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, October 31, 2008

• Reported By:Douglasville Georgia
Regions Bank
Po Box 11007 Birmingham, Alabama U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Regions Bank Regions continue to rip consumers off with NSF and seems to be getting away with it Birmingham Alabama

I am another regions customer who was victimized by Regions' scam. The bank held a deposit and allowed payments to transact so that they can collect 105 dollars worth of fees. I keep an accurate transaction register, I made a deposit, called my bank and looked on the on-line ledger. Everything indicated that I had enough money to cover a 45 dollar debit at Kroger. In order to be even more on the safe side, I went ahead and made a deposit for 100 dollars to safe gaurd against errors. A lot of good it did me.

Here is how it worked. The bank held the deposit, allowed a transaction to go through, charged me an overdraft fee for that transaction and since I was cutting it so close, everthing after that first NSF bounce resulting in 105 dollar overdraft fees. Since I did not allot for NSF, of course I would have bounced transactions.

Of course, the banks are right because they are the ones who have controll over when they allow transactions to take place. This BS about real time is a bunch of crock. Regions hold deposits on purpose so that they can steal and defraud you of money. The sad part is that no matter how much customers complain of their unfair practice, I have not read anywhere where customers get resolutions.

Alva
Douglasville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2008 01:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Bank/Birmingham-Alabama-35288/Regions-Bank-Regions-continue-to-rip-consumers-off-with-NSF-and-seems-to-be-getting-away-w-386735. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Bank