Complaint Review: Regions Bank

• Reported By: Angela — Knoxville Tennessee United States of America
Regions Bank
Kingston Pike Knoxville, Tennessee United States of America

Regions Bank Double ATM charges Knoxville, Tennessee

*Author of original report: Atm charges

*General Comment: Regions isn't double charging you...

Regions Bank charges you 2.00 dollars if you do not use their ATM machines and then you also have to pay the fee that the ATM machine you are using charges which is usually 2.50. I know a lot of other banks do this and are getting rich from stealing from the customers they say the appreciate so much. When I am out of town and there is not a Regions Bank in that state I have to either walk around with a lot of cash or broke to keep from paying the extra charges. The only other alternative is to go into a store that will give cash back and buy something to be able to have a few dollars in my pocket. This is a practice that the goverment needs to put a stop to. I think we all pay enough bank fees without having to pay more to get at our own money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2010 04:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Bank/Knoxville-Tennessee-37919/Regions-Bank-Double-ATM-charges-Knoxville-Tennessee-548506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Bank

Atm charges

AUTHOR: Angela - (United States of America)

I know Regions is not double charging me, what I am complaining about is how much they charge to use another atm machine then having to pay such a high fee to use other machines. If I want to get 10 dollars it ends up costing me about 14.50 total. I don't always like to use my card for transactions under 10 dollars. Then are also times that I might need a few dollars on me for whatever and if I am not around a Regions bank atm then I have to pay to much just to use my own money. If they do not have atm machines anywhere than at one of there branches then they should not charge this extra fee. I know other banks have free standing atm machines around town but so far I have not seen a Regions one.

#2 General Comment

Regions isn't double charging you...

AUTHOR: Edgeman - (U.S.A.)

That's two separate charges from two separate entities. Regions will charge you a fee for using an outside ATM and the owner of the ATM charges you a fee as well. Some banks offer perks - US Bank waives the fee for the first few transactions at an outside ATM and I know of one credit union that refunds up to 10 fees per month.

It doesn't have to be an "all or nothing" scenario. You can simply use your check card at places that accept Visa or Mastercard or you can just do your spending on a credit card.