Complaint Review: Regions Bank

• Updated: Mon, December 06, 2010

• Reported By: Kristi — Bolingbrook Illinois United States of America
Regions Bank
Ocala, Florida United States of America

Regions Bank AmSouth Bank Reopened closed account without my knowledge-charged fees for unauthorized transactions-would not change our address Ocala, Florida

From the beginning this bank has been a nightmare. Husband opened account w/out me and told us I could just go in to be added. Went in and they said no he has to be present. A year later we moved up north and was told to change our address we needed to come into the branch with our id to change it. Got to IL and find out our address was not changed because the lady did not turn in the paperwork. They told us it could not be changed unless we came into a branch. Really? We are in IL and the bank is in FL. I asked to have the account closed and was under the impression it was. So today I get a letter from collections for $130 from Regions. I call and they said that an automatic withdrawal from our auto loan tried to come through (their error with the saved information online, not ours) and they let it reopen the account and then charged us the fee for not paying it. And on top of it we had another company TRY To charge $1 to the account to try to verify if it was open (again we had no knowledge of it) and they charged us more fees for it. The company did not charge the money was just testing it. When I called today to have the fees removed I was told they couldn't be because the account was in collections and I would have had to call before then. I asked how could I have done that since I didn't receive a single call or letter from them since they would not update my address over the phone after THEIR error. I only knew any of this because of the letter from the collection agency. Their response: oh well. Shady bank don't bank here.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2010 04:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Bank/Ocala-Florida-34474/Regions-Bank-AmSouth-Bank-Reopened-closed-account-without-my-knowledge-charged-fees-for-un-668675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Bank