Complaint Review: Regions Bank

regions.com Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Regions Bank Cash deposit order of withdrawls to maximize overdraft fees Nationwide

Regions bank was bad about these kinds of things before they merged with AmSouth. When they merged, the banks all became AmSouth but were named Regions. Unfortunately, they didn't drop their bad policies.

If you go into Regions Bank after 2pm, it does not matter whether you are depositing a check or cash, it will not be in your account until the SECOND business morning after your deposit. I only deposited cash there because I thought it would show up in my account immediately and my bills that were automatic would have the needed funds. Wrong!

I hand the teller cold hard cash. Now, there is nothing to wait to clear. That's because it's cash. So, they now have my money that I told them to put in my account. What do they do with it? They sit on it until the next business evening! So, it never showed up until the second business morning after the CASH deposit had been made! That caused me many overdraft fees due to my automatic withdrawals.

That brings me to the second point. When your withdrawals do come through, they set it to where the biggest ones will come out before smaller ones, no matter what order they were timed. If they had taken them out in the order they were supposed to be taken out, things would've been fine. But, being a programmer, I am sure that their bank software uses algorithms to maximize overdraft fees from withdrawals.

Thanks to these two totally unfair and, in my opinion, illegal practices, we owe Regions over $600. 90% of that is in overdraft fees! We had to take our business to another bank that doesn't cheat customers as badly. We couldn't afford to be Regions customers!

I do not care what they rules are. We didn't have a say in adopting their, even worse, policies that they brought from AmSouth!

Montgomery, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2008 01:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Bank/nationwide/Regions-Bank-Cash-deposit-order-of-withdrawls-to-maximize-overdraft-fees-Nationwide-336781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Bank