Complaint Review: Regions Financial Corporation

• Updated: Thu, June 23, 2011

• Reported By: Lonnie — Katy Texas United States of America
Regions Financial Corporation
1900 5th Ave North Birmingham, Alabama United States of America

Regions Financial Corporation Regions Bank Regions - Excessive Activity Fees - Charging to use your account fees Birmingham, Alabama

*Author of original report: Fees finally refunded

I opened a Money Market checking account with Regions for the purpose of saving to buy a new home.  Having just recently purchased a new home, I started to use the money I had saved up for that purpose.

I just checked my account online with regions this morning and found that that charged me $420.00 for "Excessive Activity Fee".  After visiting my local branch they informed me that my Money Market Checking account was limited to 6 transactions per month.  They charged me $15 for every time I used my account via check or check card.

When I opened the account I was not informed that there were transaction limits on my account.  When I ordered checks, I was not informed that there were transaction limits on my account.  When I ordered my check card (you guessed it) I was not informed that there were transactions limits on my account.  To make matters worse, they did not charge these automatically after every transaction, but instead they waited until the end of the month.  Had one or two of these appeared on my account, I would have immediately recognized that there was something wrong and contacted regions for resolution.

I have spoken to my local branch and to Region's national customer service.  They are sympathetic to my problem but claim they do not have the authority to help me.  They have been unable to let me speak with someone who can help me.

HELP!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2011 01:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Financial-Corporation/Birmingham-Alabama-35203/Regions-Financial-Corporation-Regions-Bank-Regions-Excessive-Activity-Fees-Charging-to-744010. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Financial Corporation

Fees finally refunded

AUTHOR: Lonnie - (United States of America)

After multiple contacts, complaints with the BBB, State Attorney General, Federal Reserve and a conversation with an attorney, the fees charged to my account have been refunded as they should have.