Complaint Review: Regions Financial Corporation

• Updated: Fri, August 08, 2014

• Reported By: T Metzger — Hawthorn Woods Illinois
Regions Financial Corporation
1900 Fifth Avenue North Birmingham, Alabama USA

Regions Financial Corporation Regions Bank Will not release my money in attempt to close bank account - poorest customer service I have ever experienced Birmingham Alabama

I have contacted Regions Bank 10 times in the attempt to close an old bank account they have promised to send me the $1161.98 that is in the old savings account on 5 occasions stating that it takes 5-7 business days. upon the 3rd attempt they told me that I needed to send them a notarized letter and copy of my drivers license which I did and then waited. nothing after 2 weeks. I then called and again and they said they had what they needed and would release the cashiers check and I waited for 2 more weeks, nothing, I called again and they told me that they needed another copy of my drivers license because they couldn't read it, and I did, this time I asked for them to call em and verify it was received, no returned call so I called again and got the run around again and then was transferred to a person how said they couldn't read my drivers license so please send it again. It has been over 2 months that I have been trying to close this account and it appears they have no desire to accommodate me and provide me my money. I feel that I have no other option at this point but to file this compliant!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/08/2014 02:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Financial-Corporation/Birmingham-Alabama-35203/Regions-Financial-Corporation-Regions-Bank-Will-not-release-my-money-in-attempt-to-close-1168465. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regions Financial Corporation