- Report: #1051609
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Regions Van Lines Inc
Regions Van Lines Inc15771 NW 16TH CT Miami, Florida USA
Regions Van Lines Inc Provided a Binding Estimate, loaded the truck and then doubled the price! Miami Florida
This mover will give you an estimate, load your furniture, then charge you double of what your estimate was!
My Son moved a one bedroom apartment + a projection TV from Bonita Springs, FL to Dallas, TX., in May, 2013. After making numerous calls to movers, we decided on using Regions Van Lines, Inc., Miami FL.
After describing in detail to the representative on the phone, exactly what was being moved, we received "an estimate" of $1244.59. We decided to go with this firm and the movers showed up and loaded the truck and this is where the bait and switch began.
The move was "estimated" by cubic feet. We advised we were shipping an armoire, queen bed, headboard, footboard, mattress, box spring, kitchen table w/4 chairs, 5 small boxes, a projection TV 65", a wrought iron outdoor tapble and four charis, and a few other small articles.
All of the above items are a known size and a mover knows the cubic feet prior to giving you an "estimate", so there reallly should be no surprises.
Movers show up and they wrapped each piece of furniture with blankets ($8.00 each) and used packaging tape ($4.00 per roll) as stretch wrap, literally. These costs were not transmitted by the representative. So everything was wrapped well, but guys, get some stretch wrap. This was an addedcharge.
Then loaded the furniture on the truck. The truck's interior has vertical lines depicting cubic feet. when items are loaded to a line, they apparetly determine how many cubic feet were loaded and you are charged by the cubic foot. Keep in mind that we received an "estimate" from Regions for 268 cubic feet which is $4.30 per cubic foot.
Now, we decided NOT to bring the table and four chairs, which would be deducted from the 268 cubic feet.
After the truck was loaded, the driver advised that the charge would be $1823.20, not the $1244.59 originally quoted, a whopping 40% increase (and remember that we did not bring the outdoor set)! After the truck is loaded, you are at their mercy and must pay at that time.
While in Dallas, the 53' semi shows up and the driver advises that he will not go into the complex because he could not make the turns. The truck could have easily come in and I argued that point with the Russian driver. I lost the battle and was charged an additional $372 dollars for a "shuttle truck", which is a small rental truck for 3 hours used to transfer the goods from the 53 footer to the small truck.
After all charges, this outfit's final bill was $2321.06, a whopping 86% more than the representative's original "estimate".
At the end of the day, we are screwed! rmember, when they have your furniture loaded, you are at their mercy and they know it!
If you are moving, be sure to adhere to the following:
- Check your destination to ensure that the delivering carrier will take his truck to your home or you'll receive another major up charge.
- Make the mover come to your home and give you a "contract" not an estimate. they cannot play games or rip you off with a binding contract
- Go buy moving blankets from U-Haul and stretch wrap and wrap your own furniture. For a one bedroom apartment, they charged just under $300 for a boat load of tape and blankets.
- Be sure your items are reday to be picked up and loaded or you will receive an up charge for each service. These guys are pretty smart.
- Get everything in writing and read the moving book that most state require companies to hand out to consumers or go online and do your research.
I am sorry I used them now and did not do my research prior to committing. If I went online and looke the name up on Google and complaints, I would have never considered them.
My next move will be to file a complaint with the Florida and texas Attorney General's office, Consumer Fraud Division.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/17/2013 03:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regions-Van-Lines-Inc/Miami-Florida-FL/Regions-Van-Lines-Inc-Provided-a-Binding-Estimate-loaded-the-truck-and-then-doubled-the-1051609. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.
- Business's (11)
- Lawyers and Law Firms (5312)
- Administrative Law (11)
- Admiralty & Maritime Law (27)
- Agricultural Law (2)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (10)
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation (1)
- Appellate Practice (72)
- Aviation & Aerospace (11)
- Banking Law (90)
- Bankruptcy (380)
- Business Law (232)
- Civil Rights (55)
- Class Actions (30)
- Commercial Law (13)
- Communications Law (1)
- Constitutional Law (1)
- Construction Law (83)
- Contracts (7)
- Corporate Law (75)
- Criminal Law (668)
- Debtor & Creditor (51)
- Education Law (14)
- Elder Law (77)
- ElectionCampaign & Political (0)
- Eminent Domain (5)
- Employee Benefits (7)
- Energy (0)
- Entertainment & Sports (17)
- Environmental Law (43)
- Family Law (13)
- Finance (0)
- Government (14)
- Government Contracts (2)
- Health Care (1)
- Immigration (482)
- Indians & Native Populations (1)
- Insurance (90)
- Intellectual Property (526)
- International Law (33)
- International Trade (0)
- Internet Law (7)
- Investments (1)
- Labor & Employment (12)
- Legal Malpractice (92)
- Litigation (20)
- Media Law (1)
- Medical Malpractice (13)
- Mergers & Acquisitions (0)
- Military Law (5)
- Natural Resources (10)
- Occupational Safety & Health (0)
- Personal Injury (842)
- Products Liability (21)
- Professional Liability (0)
- Real Estate (361)
- Securities (169)
- Taxation (142)
- Technology & Science (0)
- Toxic Torts (0)
- Transportation (2)
- Trusts & Estates (368)
- White Collar Crime (1)
- Wills & Probate (7)
- Workers Compensation (242)
- Zoning, Planning & Land Use (10)
- Legal Services (32)
- Arbitrators/Mediators (7)
- Automotive Expert Witnesses (0)
- Bail Bonds (0)
- Court Reporters (1)
- Electronic Data Discovery (1)
- Expert Witnesses (1)
- Forensic Experts (1)
- Jury Selection (0)
- Legal Assistants (8)
- Legal Speakers (2)
- Litigation Support (2)
- Medical Expert Witnesses (1)
- Other (14)
- Paralegal (5)
- Private Investigators (6)
- Process Servers (7)
- Translators/Interpreters (0)
- Miscellaneous Business Services (19)