Complaint Review: Regis Corp, Smartstyle

• Updated: Mon, March 01, 2010

• Reported By: smalltowngirl — Lebanon Virginia United States of America
Regis Corp, Smartstyle
Regional Park Lebanon Internet, Virginia United States of America

Regis Corp, Smartstyle Smart Style Negligent stylist at Smart Style Salon causes Major Hair Loss Lebanon Internet, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Regis Hair Salon Victoria Mall..ME TOO!

I took my 12 year old daughter into Smart Style to have the top layer of her hair lightened. I showed the stylist a picture of exactly what my daughter wanted. At 5:00 pm the stylist "Anita Rasnake"  began the process.

Anita decided to apply bleach over the top,sides and back of my child's head eventhough those areas were not to be lightened. She applyed black hair dye to the under layer and in streaks on top of my daughters head eventhough she had no ones permission to do so. She let bleach and hair dye stay on my child's head for over 4 hours resulting in major hair loss and damage. She attempted to blow dry the fried, over-bleached, over-processed, white and black hair and it started blowing off across the salon.

After she looked at the mess she had made out of my child's hair, Anita decided to try to color over the white hair with black. [continued below]....

..... Only she used bright red hair dye instead of the black she claimed she would use. After this process my daughter's hair could not be combed or dried without falling out.

My child left the salon at 11:18 pm with a shower cap full of conditioner on her head. Anita then had the nerve to charge me $125, wich was later refunded by her manager.

The following day my daughter had to have nearly all of her hair, that had not already fallen out, cut off. The small amount of hair remaining is extremely damaged, even after many deep conditioning treatments.

This negligent stylist still works at this same salon. So my advice is if you like having hair stay away from regis,Smart Style. We learned this lesson the hard way!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2010 09:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regis-Corp-Smartstyle/Lebanon-Internet-Virginia-24266/Regis-Corp-Smartstyle-Smart-Style-Negligent-stylist-at-Smart-Style-Salon-causes-Major-Hai-576009. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regis Corp, Smartstyle

Regis Hair Salon Victoria Mall..ME TOO!

AUTHOR: Gayletara - (U.S.A.)

I also took my son to the Regis hair salon in the Victoria Mall, in Victoria TX.  I asked that my 8 year old son have his hair trimmed to such- fade, with a 0 guard on the sides, 2 on the top, and trim up the bangs. The first thing that my son's hairstylist did was to COMPLETELY WHACK OFF HIS BANGS!  BALD!  I let her finish cutting his hair (what am I going to say?  The damage had been done.) He looked like a neo-nazi.  I threw a fit.  Her excuse?  She said that she never heard me say anything about his bangs.  If a child comes in with bangs nearly down to his eyebrows, and you "don't hear" the mother mention anything about cutting them, WHY take it upon yourself to CHOP THEM OFF??!! Makes no sense.  The hairstylist did not charge me, and there was only one other girl working.  I asked to speak to the manager, of course the manager was on vacation. I asked for a number to the corporate office- of course neither one of the girls had this information.  Avoid this place at all costs.  I have no idea who these people are hiring, but I could have done a better job myself, having never cut hair in my life.