flight

• Phone: 1 888 888 7778
  • Web:
  • Category:

Regis Corp, Smartstyle Screwed Over Minneapolis, Minnesota

I am a former employee of Fiesta Salons, now owned by the Regis Corporation. Fiesta was a nice place to work until regis took over.  I was "let go" at the beginning of Jan. 2010. I was told the salon had to make some cutbacks, and that my "service" was the lowest, so I had to go. Of course my "service" was the lowest, I was a part timer and worked the least amount of hours of anyone in the salon.  I was a good employee, never called off, was never late, and worked extra when I could. I was told by my area supervisor that being a good employee meant nothing. I don't believe I was let go because of low "service". In August we were all asked to a meeting about "not unoinizing" salons. We were asked to sign a document titled "Protection of secret ballot" (read about it, New York times article, Aug 29th 2009).  Protection for whom? Regis I'd say. They said the document gave us  the right to a secret ballot. What it really stated was that you revoke your right to a secret ballot. I was the only one from my salon who chose not to sign, and now I am the only one from my salon who doesn't have a job. Coincidence, I think not. Can I prove it? No. Not unless there are others from Fiesta who were let go and did not sign the document.  There is alot more I could say about Regis and the way they treat their employees. To Regis and Fiesta I really just want to say thanks, you did me a favor by letting me go.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/10/2010 06:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regis-Corp-Smartstyle/Minneapolis-Minnesota-55439/Regis-Corp-Smartstyle-Screwed-Over-Minneapolis-Minnesota-567640. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regis Corp, Smartstyle