Complaint Review: Regis Regal German Shepherds

• Submitted: Sun, January 30, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, December 15, 2012

• Reported By: Reinhard — Spring Grove Illinois U.S.A.
Regis Regal German Shepherds
1710 Rt.173 Spring Grove, Illinois United States of America

Regis Regal German Shepherds Cindy & Clark Kelly Bad Animal Sale Spring Grove, Illinois

*Consumer Comment: This contract has been honored

*Consumer Comment: This situation was honored

Report: Regis Regal German Sheperds Cindy & Clark Kelly.

Attached is a copy of a letter we filed with the BBB on 8-13-08 regarding our puppy. She had severe hip displasia and had to be put down at just over one year. Regis Regal is an unethical breeder and as an F rating with the BBB. Dog Lovers: Beware! Letter to BBB 8-13-08

We purchased a puppy from Regis Regal in September of 2007. Unfortunately, we didn't do any research on the breeder since they were locals. All through our contact with them, (Cindy & Clark Kelly) we heard how sick she was and all about their problems. We truly felt sorry for them. I guess that's why we didn't get a contract when we paid $2130.00 for the dog. For six months we tried to get the contract to no avail. They had all kinds of excuses and promises.

After seeing our 8 months old puppy limping, we saw our vet and he determined she had severe hip displasia. He referred us to a surgical specialist. This doctor recommended a complete hip replacement at the cost of $11,600.00 for both hips and months of rehab.

Cindy and Clark finally returned our calls, asking what we wanted. I told them we wanted a refund because the dog would need medical attention the rest of her life. They then stated absolutely not because that was not their policy as stated in the contract which was to replace the puppy. We said we didn't want another puppy from them. (How could we agree to a contract if we never saw or signed the contract) Her last words to me were: You don't have a contract so what can you do about it?

Their internet ad states they have a complete guarantee on all their puppies including health, temperament and personal satisfaction of the buyer. They also continue to breed the same dogs that produced our defective puppy. In my opinion, they are nothing but a puppy mill and should be stopped.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2011 12:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regis-Regal-German-Shepherds/Spring-Grove-Illinois-60081/Regis-Regal-German-Shepherds-Cindy-Clark-Kelly-Bad-Animal-Sale-Spring-Grove-Illinois-688695. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regis Regal German Shepherds

This contract has been honored

AUTHOR: Jenna Patterson - (United States of America)

The Kelly's have honored their contract with me I do understand that hip e is as much genetic as it is environmental and I was extremely emotional when I found out my dog was not well The Kelly's have honored their contract with me and I now own a beautiful new puppy if I could take back what I wrote I would. Sincerely emotional client.

This situation was honored

AUTHOR: Jenna Patterson - (United States of America)

The Kelly's have honored this contract they replaced our dog with a beautiful healthy puppy and I rescind what I wrote in the previous article. With or without a contract they held up their verbal word.