Complaint Review: Regis Salon - Santa Rosa Mall

• Submitted: Tue, September 07, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, September 07, 2004

• Reported By:Destin Florida
Regis Salon - Santa Rosa Mall
300 Mary Esther Boulevard, Mary Esther, FL 32569 Mary Esther, Florida U.S.A.

Regis Salon - Santa Rosa Mall Permanent/Haircut Disaster - $74.00 rip-off Mary Esther Florida

My hair was butchered at the Santa Rosa Mall Regis Salon by, according to their Manager, Joanne. I took in a picture of my hair with the type of permanent I wanted. The stylist looked at it and said okay. She asked me if I usually rolled it or just picked it, and I told her I picked it. She preceded to "wash" my hair before the perm, although I had washed it immediately before going to the salon--the extra $19 to go with the $55 perm. When she got through with the perm, she whacked up my hair. She did not style my hair prior to my leaving--I left the salon with wet hair, and the "bangs" I had before going in were one separate curl going forward on my head with the rest of the hair going back. I could not comb or even pick my hair, it was so kinky, and I have fine, straight hair.

I fought with it for two days, but the hair looked gapped and uneven, even with a perm. Finally, on Sunday, my hair was straightened--the perm taken out, and my hair is ruined. She cut an inch or two off my hair and literally gapped it in places. She charged me $74 for this hatchet job. When I called Regis around 9:00 a.m. on Monday morning--the next time they were open, and asked for the manager, she told me that the person who did it was probably Joanne, but "she usually does such a good job". She then told me she wished I had let her see my hair before it was straightened. I told her it was very obviously gapped right now, but, of course, she didn't ask me to come down now to let her see it. The only recourse she gave me was to call the national office, wasting more of my money, and leave my name on an answering machine to lodge a complaint.
Regis is a rip-off!! I will never use them again.

Destin, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2004 07:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regis-Salon-Santa-Rosa-Mall/Mary-Esther-Florida-32569/Regis-Salon-Santa-Rosa-Mall-PermanentHaircut-Disaster-7400-rip-off-Mary-Esther-Flor-107218. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regis Salon - Santa Rosa Mall