- Report: #112285
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Register.Com, Inc.
Register.Com, Inc.575 Eighth Avenue, 11th Floor New York, New York U.S.A.
Register.com Rip-Off Obfuscates then fails to process administrative contact change request for domain names registered through the company. New York New York
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
2. Therefore because I am not able to receive confirmation email at the originally registered email address nor produce the original credit card number used for my first (but not current) registrations, I am forced to use the company's alternative (fax) means to update the administrative contact information for my domains.
3. On Sept 15, 2004, I faxed such a request, including a copy of a picture ID (presumably to verify my identity) to the company, but they claim my fax was illegible.
4. I re-faxed my request on Sept 29, 2004, but have yet to receive a response acknowledging receipt nor status regarding my request.
5. In the interim, I have submitted several online requests and made telephone inquiries regarding my latest request. To date, I have received no formal confirmation regarding my request to change my adminstrative contact except this email, quoted below:
"Dear Todd Ryder,
Thank you for contacting Register.com.
This email is in response to your inquiry regarding the changes in the administrative contact for the domain names "toddryder.com" and "moneyscraper.com".
We understand that you have re-sent the required documents through fax again. Please be informed that the documents mush have reached the appropriate department and they will be contacting you with 24/72 hours regarding the changes.
If you have any further questions or encounter any difficulties with your domain name in the future, please respond to this incident by replying, or using the link included at the beginning of this email. You can also contact a Customer Support representative 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at the numbers below.
Thank you for choosing Register.com, the First Step on the Web(TM)."
I have not received the promised (24/72 hours) followup and can therefore only conclude that I am stuck with this registrar and its horrendous customer support, unless I allow my domains to EXPIRE (risky, someone else could claim them in the interim).
Can you help, or at least broadcast my travails, in the hopes that others will think twice before dealing with register.com for domain name registration.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2004 11:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/RegisterCom-Inc/New-York-New-York-10018/Registercom-Rip-Off-Obfuscates-then-fails-to-process-administrative-contact-change-reques-112285. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.