- Report: #1125553
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Register.com
Register.com web.com Crooks Hiding behind a Corporate Veil Florida
*UPDATE Employee: Understanding Promotional Terms and Conditions
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
How are they still able to host??? The Scams are old and pathetic. These guys should quit their jobs and start shell games on the streets. The scams:
1) Buyer Beware of a great deal with Register.com and Web.com. If it looks like a deal with them, YOU BETTER look really hard for the extra small type somewhere. After whatever period ends rates go up automatically 3x - 4x the advertised rates and the increase in hidden very cleverly somewhere on the page.
2) Safe-Renew: Do Not Sign up for Safe Re-New. They lock your card in, and aas stated in #1 at your first re-newal your charges go up unbeknownst to you 3x-4x your initial rate. Then it doesn't stop here...once you realize what happened and go to cancel...this is when the fun begins. You can't. It's locked. Then you have to find out what to do next. You finally find out there is a the number you have to call to cancel...and guess what...the wait is only...1.5 - 3 hours. But there's more...if you're patient enough to hold on...Yes, it automatically hangs up on you. I'm not exactly sure what it's called when someone else locks on to your credit number and won't let you cancel. I guess it's stealing your number and unauthorized usage. But they've been doing it for well over a year and nobody seems to care???
3) Month-to-Month Specials: Don't Do It! It is on the same program as the Scam Safe-Renew. One month is up and you got a deal for a month. Then the fun happens. You get locked in and can't make any changes through the internet...And guess what you have to call the 3 hour wait hotline...get hung up on...and all the while getting billed at egregiously high rates!
Stay as far away as possible.
But, If you are unlucky like me, and have several sites from years prior to the shenanigans which you have spent many hours building, the best you can do is get them back with coupons! Please use any all, mix and match, and everytime someone punches one in it's going to ease my pain and I thank you.
At Retail Me Not
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2014 05:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/Florida/Registercom-webcom-Crooks-Hiding-behind-a-Corporate-Veil-Florida-1125553. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.