Complaint Review: Register.com

• Updated: Wed, April 07, 2010

• Reported By: Smk3 — Kansas City Missouri USA
Register.com
Internet, Nova Scotia Canada

Register.com may be scamming new domain owners and systematically stealing their domains. SEO , Anti-Trust , Fraud Internet, Nova Scotia Canada

*Consumer Suggestion: Suggestion

Not long ago, I registered my company name as a domain name and setup a website with register.com. The domain name is parrotpc.com. Shortly after I got the website hitting on google.com on the first page of the search for 'kansas city pc repair', I started getting notices from register.com that the payment for the monthly hosting did not 'go through'. I returned all the calls and emails I received from register.com and kept re-updating my billing, checking my card account in order to be sure the money was there ($12/month), but to no avail. Register.com started interrupting my domain/web-hosting service to the point that the site was not online long enough to keep referring to it from my advertising. Frustrated with this situation I notified register.com that I planned to move the domain to another hosting company. But they sold my domain to a third party before I could do so.

I recently registered parrotpc.net with register.com in order to secure the name, that is my business name, and use it with another hosting company. Built a website there and not even a week later, register.com interrupted the service again, this time with no explanation. The site was down for many days and technician I spoke to at register.com said 'we have no idea when the site will be back online'. When I complained to a customer service representative, she refunded the hosting fee and gave me two months free service. She also said ' we have no idea when the service/site will be online again'.

Then the familiar calls started again saying that my payment for parrotpc.net did not go through, every day for almost a week before I could get through to someone there that I did not owe a payment since I had been given free hosting for two months.

Now register.com is trying to sell my original domain name back to me, a month ago, over $500, now they are offering to me for $275.

I suspect that this company is scamming new domain owners that hit well on google.com so they can obtain the new domains and sell them to third parties that 'harvest' domains with good SEO, and rankings.

I am in the process of filing a complaint of Fraud, Anti-Trust, and basically scamming by register.com to the U.S. Attorney General's office.

Please join me in filing a complaint as well if you experience this situation with register.com.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2010 12:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/Internet-Nova-Scotia-/Registercom-may-be-scamming-new-domain-owners-and-systematically-stealing-their-domains-590512. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Register.com

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Suggestion

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

Visit (((Redacted)))

("InterNIC is a registered service mark of the U.S. Department of Commerce. It is licensed to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, which operates this web site.")

Complain there but my guess is you missed payments.

At the top Click Whois, then enter (((Redacted))) it expires May 26, 2010. Which says if you paid your monthly fee, you own the domain name until May 26. It is empty, if you paid upload an index page that forwards to your .net sight.

Parrotpc.net, Are you Parrot PC Kansas City Computer Sales And Service?

You said "Then the familiar calls started again saying that my payment for (((Redacted))) did not go through, every day for almost a week before I could get through to someone there that I did not owe a payment since I had been given free hosting for two months."

Your payment didn't go through, will it go through in two months?

Are you Mike? From your website,  the only thing everyone else doesnt have, and charge less for,  is the bird training.   You say you are the Cesar Milan of birds. Maybe you should focus on that.