Complaint Review: Register.com

• Reported By: matt — oregon Ohio United States of America
Register.com

Register.com Phone: 1.888.734.4783 Register.com stole my domain, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Register.com

Register.com stole my domain name, I spent over $500 setting up the site but because I didn't pay extra for all their upgrade services, they claim my domain payment was an "unauthorized charge" so they "refunded" the money and destroyed the account.

Ive contacted my CC company, they never even attempted to charge the card. They flat out stole the domain as it was a catchy name no one had come up with yet. They said maybe in 6-11 months I could buy the domain again when its available to the public.

Ill be suing them in small claim for the time and trouble setting up the site, since I have all the proof needed to prove they never even attempted to charge my account, they flat up stole the domain because I didn't buy any upgrades.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/13/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/internet/Registercom-Phone-18887344783-Registercom-stole-my-domain-Internet-968684. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Register.com

Response from Register.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Matt:

At Register.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name, your contact information, and the details of this post to our support team via the following link: http://www.register.com/customersupport/contact.rcmx.

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team