Complaint Review: Register.com

• Submitted: Sat, March 27, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, March 27, 2010

• Reported By: Smk3 — Kansas City Missouri USA
Register.com

Register.com Registered domain name , my business name, register.com interrupted service, ruined SEO, sold my business name to third party, Internet

Not long ago, I registered a domain with register.com, my business name: parrotpc.com. During the first three months or so, register.com interrupted my service several times, ruining the SEO for my site. Dissatisfied with their service, I planned to move parrotpc.com to another hosting company, but register.com sold my domain name, that is actually *my* business name to a third party.

This was realized when I tried to re-instate my hosting service with register.com until I could find a more reliable hosting company.

Just a few days ago, I registered parrotpc.net with register.com in order to secure that TLD (top level domain name) for my business. Started up my website with a template based online website builder and now, just days later, my service/site is interrupted with register.com technical difficulties.

A person at register.com told me they have no idea when the server hosting my site will be online again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/27/2010 12:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/internet/Registercom-Registered-domain-name-my-business-name-registercom-interrupted-service-586221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Register.com