Complaint Review: Register.com

• Updated: Tue, July 01, 2014

• Reported By: Ripped Off — dhs Alabama
Register.com
Internet USA

Register.com They charged my account for services I did NOT order, which caused an overdraft fee of $35. florida Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Placing Orders and Transfers

Buyer beware!!!!  When ordering online do NOT click place my order until you see what Register.com is charging you.  I ordered one domain name, and remember clearly boxes checked for add on services that I did NOT order.  I unchecked ALL the boxes and came to the final order page.  In hindsite, I realize they did not show total amount due.  I clicked send then read the invoice they sent in my box which had additional charges I did NOT authorize.  I called immediately, and was told the charges will be reversed.  NOPE  four days later their "extra" charge is on my card along with a $35 bank fee.  So much for trying to save a buck.

Furthermore, they will bombard you with e-mail once you are a customer.  By law I have to wait two months to transfer my domain which I will do, but save yourself the hassle and find another company that is having a sale on registering domain names.  In the long run Register.com is far more expensive than any other provider out there.  Use at your own risk....................

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2014 08:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/internet/Registercom-They-charged-my-account-for-services-I-did-NOT-order-which-caused-an-overdr-1158718. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Register.com

Placing Orders and Transfers

AUTHOR: Executive Support Team - ()

Dear Ripped Off,

We appreciate your feedback and take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously.  We would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your recent experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send us your contact information and details of this post via the following link: register.com/customersupport/contact.rcmx

Sincerely,