Complaint Review: Register.com

• Submitted: Mon, December 17, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, December 17, 2012

• Reported By: Cheryl — Sooke British Columbia Canada
Register.com

Register.com places your private, personal info online when you cancel your account unless you pay them a monthly fee to keep your info from the public eye. They threaten " To help protect against identity theft Internet

I closed my company and cancelled my account with Register.com months ago. I continued to receive frequent emails from Register.com. Eventually I received an email informing me ALL PRIVATE AND PERSONAL INFORMATION I had ever given Register.com WOULD NOW BE PLACED ON THE INTERNET FOR THE PUBLIC TO SEE!! I telephoned Register.com to enquire and clarify this. I was told I would need to pay a monthly fee "to help protect against identity theft, we strongly suggest that you protect your personal information."

My company no longer exists yet I am required to pay Register.com a monthly fee? This is BLACKMAIL! The customer service agent informed me this is "common practice."

Beware business owners, you could be next!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2012 01:49 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/internet/Registercom-places-your-private-personal-info-online-when-you-cancel-your-account-unles-983340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Register.com