Complaint Review: Register.com

• Submitted: Thu, September 06, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, September 15, 2012

• Reported By: Fred — Stellenbosch Other South Africa
Register.com

Register.com, register.com Not refunding a cancelled domain ,within trial period, not responding to requests, no money and no domain Internet

*Author of original report: no response

*Author of original report: Please contact

*UPDATE Employee: Response from Register.com

I am a 23 year old student living in South Africa. I recently registered a domain with register.com, including the extra fee for 'securing the site'. After I did this and payed I realized that in order have the hosting -a monthly should also apply. I do not have the money to afford this and immediately requested a refund. The amount is over 300 rand and i depend on a 2000 rand bursary to live every month.

It was only on my third phone call, where someone got as far as cancelling the domain and promised a refund. It is now a week later and have heard nothing and not seen the money. Ive tried calling a couple of times a day and get promised that it will be taken care of or they take my number down and never respond. I'm always met with a friendly voice promising to help, but nothing comes off it.

This has cost me over 150 rand in airtime as these are international calls. I do not recommend anyone should use this service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/06/2012 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registercom/internet/Registercom-registercom-Not-refunding-a-cancelled-domain-within-trial-period-not-resp-937620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Register.com

no response

AUTHOR: Fred - (South Africa)

still no actions taken to even contact me

Please contact

AUTHOR: Fred - (South Africa)

I have responded via e-mail and still waiting for someone to contact me beside the automated responses. Please make work of it . my no: +27817726230

Response from Register.com

AUTHOR: Web.com Executive Response Team - (United States of America)

Dear Fred:

At Register.com, we take the concerns that you have raised in your post very seriously. As such, we would like to follow up with you regarding the details of your experience with us. To accomplish that, we ask that you send your website domain name, your contact information, and the details of this post to our support team via the following link: http://www.register.com/customersupport/contact.rcmx.

Thank you for your help, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Executive Support Team