Complaint Review: Registry Mechanic /element 5 / PC Tools.com

• Updated: Fri, January 04, 2008

• Reported By:Sparks Nevada
Registry Mechanic /element 5 / PC Tools.com
Vogelsanger Str. 78, D-50823 Cologne, Germany Internet Germany

Registry Mechanic /element 5 / PC Tools.com UnAuthorized credit card billing. Cologne Internet

*Consumer Comment: others

*Consumer Comment: Registry Mechanic

*Author of original report: "I don't believe that you were automatically renewed."

*Consumer Comment: Registry Mechanic annual subcription

I downloaded REGISTRY MECHANIC two years ago. After 8 months and a crashed computer twice I realized that the program doesn't do what it's supposed to do. After I un-installed REGISTRY MECHANIC and installed PC-cillin in it's place, I never had another problem during these past 16 months.
At the end of that first year I was asked (via e-mail) to continue the program. I declined. Now two years later I get a notification that my Subscription was automatically renewed! WHAT SUBSCRIPTION ?? This is after one year and four months of inactivity with that web site.

When you go to the web site to see what the situation is, only through searching will you find an "Agreement" for automatic renewal. It says that you have to cancel in writing but the latest charge will not be refunded even if you cancel. I never agreed to any such automatic renewal to begin with! Also, I defy anyone to find the method of writing the company to cancel. It gives dead end instructions, i.e. to cancel go first to step one, then two, then three, then four, but after you arrive at step four it takes you back to step one to start off all over again? I sent them an e-mail at a different link on the web page to cancel me from those renewals. Theyve got the perfect SCAMmake it simple to download the program, but make it impossible or damned near impossible to cancel.and if you do cancel they still keep your money!

So....I will continue to warn anyone who is thinking of downloading the Registry Mechanic program of the SCAM that is being run by that company originating in Germany. Once you download, you'll never be able to discontinue the yearly billing unless you get a different charge account number. This is like a nightmare!

Doug
Sparks, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/03/2007 04:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Registry-Mechanic-element-5-PC-Toolscom/internet/Registry-Mechanic-element-5-PC-Toolscom-UnAuthorized-credit-card-billing-Cologne-Inte-282765. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Registry Mechanic /element 5 / PC Tools.com

others

also check a rebutal by

Ed
Leesville, Louisiana

on Report: #161009

Registry Mechanic

AUTHOR: Mischa - (Australia)

I'm not calling you a liar. I was just simply stating that you maybe mistaken.

Because there were several points in your first report that were wrong, such as:

1. have to notify them in writing ----> you can actually call or send email.

2. unauthorised ----> you agreed to the agreement (it was in the purchase page, i know because I read everything before I pay)

I am just telling my own experience on this issue.

I have a great experience with the company, and still using their product.

Any issue that you have, might probably be your own mistake.

"I don't believe that you were automatically renewed."

AUTHOR: Doug - (U.S.A.)

So I suppose that you assume I lied about my complaint? I will laugh my head off if you later file a report at you got an unauthorized charge to your account. I glad that you're happy with your products. Keep supporting them.

Registry Mechanic annual subcription

AUTHOR: Mischa - (Australia)

I'm a PC Tools product user myself. I use Spyware Dr and Registry Mechanic for years. I have not get any problem with these product. As I understand, all of PC Tools products are subscription based product and have automatic renewal in place. I personally dont like automatic renewal, so I contact their support centre and they disable my automatic renewal. I manually renew mine each year with no problem.

I have also used their File Recover program once before. It did not really work for me, so I contacted their phone support and ask for a refund, and they processed the refund straight away, with no problem.

Maybe you are just unaware of the subscription based product that you purchased. And I dont believe that you have been automatically renewed after 2 years, cause it's an annual subscription, and they always send me the renewal reminder exactly prior to my expiry date.