Complaint Review: Regus

• Submitted: Thu, March 07, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, March 07, 2013

• Reported By: Steve — Wilmington Massachusetts United States of America
Regus
8 Faneuil Hall Marketplace, 3rd Floor, Boston, Massachusetts United States of America

Regus HQ, A Member of the Regus Group Deceptive Business practices - 90 Day auto-renewal fine print on a 6 month lease Boston, Massachusetts

*Consumer Comment: Regus Auto Renew Gotch!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Steve

Regus attempted to auto-renew our lease from 1200 monthly to 1752 monthly.  Lauren Konish then offered to lower the rate to 1344.   Any rate increase was not acceptable so I declined to renew.  At which point lauren stated below.   How can an organization auto-renew a client at an increased rate?  This is a dishonorable business practice and I wish to dissociate from Regus.  Requiring 3 months notice on a 6 month lease is excessive and not reasonable.  Burying the language for the auto-renewal on the back of lease agreement in tiny print is deceptive.

Lauren's Email

I understand if you were taken aback by the original rate. The renewal rates are automatically generated in our system taking into account a few factors, such as the occupancy of the center, the type of office you have, and the original discount that your office was sold at. Then they are populated and a notice is sent out.

I still have the ability to work with you until the 15th to come to an agreement on a rate that is good for both of us. However, I need you to understand that your office has already renewed for another term, as we require 90 days notice to be given for any termination. The date that you would have had to give notice to prevent an automatic renewal was February 28th. I want to make sure that you understand that although I can still work with you on the monthly rate, the deadline for you to simply terminate is past. If we can't come to an agreement by the 15th the original pricing will stand, and I will no longer be able to override it.

I can't keep your rate flat, but if you can give me an increase that you would be comfortable with, I will try to match it. If there is a time we could talk this through on the phone or in person, then I would be happy to do that as well.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/07/2013 07:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Regus/Boston-Massachusetts-02109/Regus-HQ-A-Member-of-the-Regus-Group-Deceptive-Business-practices-90-Day-auto-renewal-f-1025317. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Regus

Regus Auto Renew Gotch!

AUTHOR: Texas Gal - ()

I am also a victim of the Regus Auto Renewal. In my situation, Regus simply ignored and/or diffused my requests for renewal rates prior beginning 120 days from the lease expiration. Callie the HP Dallas office manager shrugged her shoulders when faced with this fact, the area sales manager (Janice) says she reported my situation to the area manager and he/she is also just fine with Callie's evil little game.  This is a company wide practice as far as I can see.  I found a class action group forming in Atlanta:  www.regusclassactionsuit.com/. There is another in California that is in progress, contact information for that: 415-857-3487 or by e-mail at info at arilaw.com (I believe the California suit is only for victims in that state). Good luck, I feel your pain my Chi town friend.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Steve

AUTHOR: anonymous - ()

Please go on line. I believe there is a whole punch of tenants feeling they are being unfairly treated, and a class action suit has been filed. I don't know in which states; could be nationwide? Exercise your legal rights and make the phone call asap and call an attorney, if you feel something is not right with your commercial lease agreement.
God Bless