Complaint Review: Reliable Credit

• Submitted: Wed, January 21, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, April 23, 2009

• Reported By:Salem Oregon
Reliable Credit
10690 SE Mcloughin Blvd Milwaukie, Oregon U.S.A.

Reliable Credit Lied Milwaukie Oregon

*Consumer Comment: extra fees

In Feb/March of 2007 I purchased a car and Reliable Credit was my lender. I had some negative information on my credit report and I was advised that I would have a higher interest rate (29.99%) but after 6 mos. of on time payments, I could refinance.

When it came time to refinance Reliable wouldn't do it. They told me I was late too many times when in truth, I was never late. They are considering a payment arriving a week late as grounds to disqualify me to refinance. I tried other banks too but given the current economic crises no bank will refinance a car that is worth $1400.00 on a loan at $9000.00.

Reliable credit is a high rist lender. In my mind, folks that don't have money typically have negative information on their credit report and Reliable Credit preys on these individuals and takes advantage of them.

I would LOVE to enter into some type of litigation with them. So far, I have filed a complaint with the Oregon State Attorney General and the BBB.

I'm forced to file bankruptsy now as a result of Reliable Credit.

Dacia
Salem, Oregon

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 12:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reliable-Credit/Milwaukie-Oregon-97222/Reliable-Credit-Lied-Milwaukie-Oregon-414450. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reliable Credit

extra fees

AUTHOR: Boraboy - (U.S.A.)

Its been 1 week since i have been with reliable credit. I just received the payment coupons and a document changing the monthly payment for an add on fee. Continental Car Club for 285.00 i am not aware of this and have all paper work that i have obtained from reliable and the dealer. I never signed a document asking for this, whatever it is.

cheers