Complaint Review: Reliant Energy

• Updated: Wed, September 14, 2011

• Reported By: Xin — Houston Texas United States of America
Reliant Energy
PO BOX 650475 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Reliant Energy get me switch to them, promise to pay for early cancellation fee, then they denied it. Dallas, Texas

I was with Reliant before I switched to Star Tex, and one day the Reliant Energy agent knock on my door and ask me to switch back to Reliant. She said Reliant will pay for the early cancellation fees that Star Tex would charge me which is $250, and the credit will be applied to my Reliant account. She said I will not have to call Star Tex, and Reliant would have got everything handled for me. I asked her at least three times to verify that is what Reliant will do. And she was certain that I will get the credit to my Reliant account. A month after, I still don't see the credit in my account, I contact their customer service twice, and they kept saying that I will not get credit that Star Tex charged me without doing any investigation with their agent that got me switched. They did not ask for any further information, all they do is denied the responsibility. I know I will probably not get my money back from them. But I just want to report this, because I am tired of seeing companies like this who cheat consumers and defer responsibilities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/14/2011 05:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reliant-Energy/Dallas-Texas-75265/Reliant-Energy-get-me-switch-to-them-promise-to-pay-for-early-cancellation-fee-then-the-776856. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reliant Energy