interview

Complaint Review: Reliant Energy

• Submitted: Sat, March 03, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, March 03, 2012

• Reported By: Rkvis — HOUSTON Texas U.S.A.
Reliant Energy
1201 FANNIN HOUSTON, Texas United States of America

Reliant Energy Termination fee charged when I wanted to switch to one of their lower rate plans HOUSTON, Texas

Reliant says that we can rely on them.  Yes, you can rely on them to rip you off.  I was offered an initial teaser rate and a few months later I was paying in excess of $0.16 per kWh.  The rates had dropped on many of their plans to $0.11.  When I wanted to switch to one of these other plans and still stay with Reliant, they said I had to pay the termination fee and charged me $295.00.  I kept telling them that I wanted to continue with Reliant but on a lower rate plan.  They did not listen nor care.  I left Reliant and will never go back again.  Avoid this company at all costs.  The only thing they are good at is ripping people off.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2012 03:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reliant-Energy/HOUSTON-Texas-77002/Reliant-Energy-Termination-fee-charged-when-I-wanted-to-switch-to-one-of-their-lower-rate-848223. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reliant Energy