Complaint Review: Reliant Energy

• Reported By:Pearland Texas
Reliant Energy
Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Reliant Energy ,Reliant Energy cooked up my Electricity Usage Houston Texas

I got an outrageous bill from Reliant in which they claimed they adjusted my bill backwards to Sept of 2008. I have been living at the same house since 2006 with same family size and same level of electricity usage. My Kw usage is usually highest in July-Sept, but usually less than 2000Kwh in the hottest month.

In the new adjustment they claimed my September usage was 5479kwh, this is the month when we have hurricane Ike with outage for almost three weeks, how can this be? This is a house of 4 occupants, my wife and I, and two kids ages 7 and 5. Now, they want me to come up with $1169 between now and end of month otherwise my electricity will be cut-off!

Tunde
Pearland, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2009 07:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reliant-Energy/Houston-Texas-77253/Reliant-Energy-Reliant-Energy-cooked-up-my-Electricity-Usage-Houston-Texas-411886. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reliant Energy