Complaint Review: Reliant Energy

• Phone: 7134973000
  • Web:
  • Category: tempdir

Reliant Energy over charged for services by $400 for one month houston, Texas

I had been with Reliant for over 5 years and had no problems. Then sept of 2008 I received a bill for $400 over the amount it should have been by past use. Had a meter reread it was off but not much in my favor.

The next month I had received a bill for $1200 when it should have been $200. I had another meter reread. It was right? Reliant customer service even thought it was kinda high but blamed the increase on a faulty appliance. I had the house checked out. No problems found. Had another company which is used by the state as a party to check the equipment. They found no problems but did change out the meter anyhow?

I was on auto pay so had to pay both bills. Was also in Iraq renting the house to a friend I had them pay me what it approx should have been. The house is energy efficient everything and summer bills should only be $200. Even less when I am there I don't use too much a/c.

I changed companies and the bill went back to normal but there was also a new meter installed. So one of the 2 were bad?

I would be willing to take  this to court could be grand theft?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/01/2009 03:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Reliant-Energy/houston-Texas-77253/Reliant-Energy-over-charged-for-services-by-400-for-one-month-houston-Texas-502820. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Reliant Energy