Complaint Review: Relocation Moving and Storage

• Submitted: Thu, November 22, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, November 22, 2012

• Reported By: Unsatisfied 348 — Eastern Shore Maryland United States of America
Relocation Moving and Storage

Relocation Moving and Storage Representative: Ollie No-Show on Confirmed Moving Date , Internet

I paid a deposit of $100, signed a Service Agreement on November 4, 2012, emailed a scanned file with my signature, and confirmed its receipt with Ollie, the Sales Rep.

When asked if all was now set on their side for the moving date of November 15, 2012, Ollie confirmed one driver and two workers would arrive with a 17' truck at 9:00 a.m. on that date to the specified address, whereupon they would move all furniture and boxes from an apartment to a 10 x 10 storage unit.

I arrived at the apartment at 8:30 a.m. on November 15, 2012, a half hour before the movers' arrival time. When it was 9:30 a.m. and no truck had arrived, I began calling the general contact number for Relocation Moving and Storage, as well as Ollie's direct line. Each time I called, I only reached voice mail until 11:30 a.m.

Ollie finally returned my call at 11:30, saying he was out sick that day, assured me all papers were in order for the move on November 15th, and would drive into the office to find out what was going on.

When it was 12:15 p.m. and I had heard nothing, I called Ollie again. He said he had just arrived at their offices and couldn't contact anyone--the truck driver or anyone else at Relocation. At that time I told Ollie they were fired and to return the $100 deposit I had paid to reserve the moving date.

It is now November 22, 2012, and I still have not received my $100. Consumers, stay away from this moving company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/22/2012 11:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Relocation-Moving-and-Storage/internet/Relocation-Moving-and-Storage-Representative-Ollie-No-Show-on-Confirmed-Moving-Date-Int-972544. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Relocation Moving and Storage