Complaint Review: Relocation Services of America

• Updated: Thu, July 10, 2014

• Reported By: lgarcia134 — Fort Collins Colorado
Relocation Services of America
8050 N. 19th Ave #205 Phoenix, Arizona USA

Relocation Services of America Relocation Serivices or Global Relocations tried scamming us Phoenix Arizona

I saw a posting on Craigslist for a 2 bed 1 bath duplex in Fort Collins. It listed the price and amenities but had no location or photos. The only contact info listed was a phone number- (303)952-0273. I called the number and a woman answered and said she was with Relocation Services of America. I asked what properties they had available, she told me about a couple (again not including any actually street addresses). I asked how to apply and she asked for my email and then told me that I would be recieving an application and I just had to fill it out and email it back and then a Property Coordinator would be in contact with me.

This is what the email looked like:

RELOCATION SERVICES OF AMERICA, INC
We are a nationwide rental agency founded in in 1993. Since then we have grown and
expanded our business to become a nationwide rental agency. We have houses, townhouses,
duplexes, condos and multiplexes in all areas of the United States. We will be happy to work
with you to find you a new home! Please be sure to fill the application out completely and a
Property Coordinator will call you once it has been sent back to us.
Name:
Credit: Poor___ Fair___ Good____ Excellent_____none
Special Situations (felonies,evictions,etc.)
_________________________________________________________
Number of Bedrooms:
City looking to move to:
Pets Number___ Type_ _____
How many people moving:
Target Move Date:
Amenities Needed:
Please list two references (Personal, Work, or Rental)
Name: _________________________Number:
_________________Relationship______________
Name:__________________________Number:_________________
Relationship______________
*****PLEASE READ!!!!*****
We schedule showings from 10am-9pm daily!
We work with all credit situations.
We are a licensed corporation in good standing.
There is a fully refundable upfront retainer fee of $350 to hold and guarantee a property.
The retainer fee is required PRIOR to viewing any properties. Once your payment has been
made, you will receive a written guarantee and receipt and you will be assigned a Property
Coordinator who will work with you until you are in a property that you like.
Requirements:
1) Must have valid ID
2) Must have stable income
I have read and understood these requirements:

I filled out the email and sent it back, but no one called me. So I called the woman back at the same number the next day. She told me that all I had to do was pay the $350 retainer fee and then I would be assigned a property coordinator. I asked her how to pay and she told me to go a Walgreens near me, go to the register and get a pre-paid debit card in the amount of $350. She said to call once I was there so they could walk me through the process. That was when I realized it was probably a scam. She gave me very little info, and simply said that a Property Coordinator would contact after the payment was made and I could then begin viewing properties. I googled Relocation Services of America and found very little info, except for their website -rsarentals.com . The website also has very little info on it, and the coporate address they list, when searched on google maps, shows up as a Pizza Hut.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/10/2014 05:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Relocation-Services-of-America/Phoenix-Arizona-85021/Relocation-Services-of-America-Relocation-Serivices-or-Global-Relocations-tried-scamming-1161164. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Relocation Services of America