Complaint Review: Remington College-Shreveport Campus

• Submitted: Tue, December 18, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, January 03, 2008

• Reported By:Shreveport Louisiana
Remington College-Shreveport Campus
2106 Bert Kouns Industrial Loop Shreveport, Louisiana U.S.A.

Remington College-Shreveport Campus Belittling, rude, uncaring, unsupportive, and MONEY HUNGRY! Shreveport Louisiana

*Author of original report: update

*Consumer Comment: ignore the stupid rebuttal from beverly hills

*Consumer Comment: There are two sides to every story

*Consumer Comment: WHY ARE YOU ATTENDING A FOR PROFIT JUNK TECH SCHOOL???

I have been attending the Shreveport campus for a few months now. I had an issue with a teacher and went to the Director of Education and President thinking they could help me out. WRONG! They told me that I pretty much needed to get over it and that everything was my fault. I walked out of there pissed off beyond belief. Here I am paying $13,000 in tuition and the have this "We don't care" attitude.

Every since I have talked to them, the President, "Bob", makes rude comments to me in the hall. He pretty much makes fun of me for going to them about my issue. The DOE is a nice woman. But "Bob" is an inconsiderate jerk. He is constantly belittling me. In front of the enitre school during an award ceremony, he belittled me and poked fun at me. It was really humiliating. Here I am trying to get an award that I worked hard for and he wants to push me down. Just the other night be called me a child in the hall. I am about done with this school.

The teacher I had an issue with did not like to be corrected when it was obvious to all that she made a mistake. She would throw her keys around and spit off attitude.

There are only maybe 3 teachers there that give a hoot about the students. The rest want the money.

Do not attend this school. It's not worth it. Attend another school that actually cares about their students feelings and goals. When telling them my goals, he pretty much laughed in my face.

Schools are supposed to want their students to feel welcome and feel successful. As with this school, they only want the money. I am more than willing to take my money somewhere else.

There is also no such thing as privacy. When I went to talk to "Bob" and the other lady, I was told it would be confidential. But sadly, I was lied to. The whole staff has asked me about it and they have continued to treat me as an outcast.

I will be contacting higher than him.

Anonymous
Shreveport, Louisiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2007 11:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Remington-College-Shreveport-Campus/Shreveport-Louisiana-71118/Remington-College-Shreveport-Campus-Belittling-rude-uncaring-unsupportive-and-MONEY-HU-292530. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Remington College-Shreveport Campus

update

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I AM WITHDRAWING MY CLAIM.

update

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I AM WITHDRAWING MY CLAIM.

update

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I AM WITHDRAWING MY CLAIM.

update

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I AM WITHDRAWING MY CLAIM.

ignore the stupid rebuttal from beverly hills

AUTHOR: Laa - (U.S.A.)

I too plan to attack the complete rip off of remington college and their 2 year hilarious program for an associate degree. They prey on ignorance and hire staff that is no way qualified to teach kindergarten let alone college courses. I had an instructor that came in hung over all the time,,bragged about the stripppers he would hire ,the prostitutes he gave all his money to and his beloved gun collection. It has to be looked into and i plan to go federal if i have to.

There are two sides to every story

AUTHOR: Tallulah-phoebe - (U.S.A.)

I am curious what the other side to this story is. From the looks of your complaint, you have a lot of growing up to do. You sound more like a bickering child than a mature college student.

You never do state precisely what your problem with the "teacher" was (actually in college, they are called professors) and if it was a valid problem worthy of bringing to administration. This information is critical in accurately conveying your side of the story.

Furthermore, I can't seem to understand why, if confidentiality is so important to you, you chose to post your complaint on the internet for all the world to see?

Also, do you know what libel and slander are? I wouldn't be surprised if the university slaps you with a lawsuit based on your damaging comments about their institution.

WHY ARE YOU ATTENDING A FOR PROFIT JUNK TECH SCHOOL???

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

As bass ackwards as Louisiana is, I am curious why you are attending a for profit over priced Tech school?? One of the GOOD things about Louisiana is that they have public, Vocational Technical schools that are run by the Dept. of Education,
All you pay for is your tuition and supplies, probably now a days no more than a couple of grand in price. I grew up in South Louisiana and know of 2 major locations, TH Harris, Opelousas, and Lafayette Regional in Lafayette. Now I don't know the names of the schools in the Shreveport area, but I know they exist. They even offer Job Placement. My ex hubby got his 2 year degree at Lafayette Regional in Electronics Technology and worked for NASA for a while. I would say that is a major accomplishment.
Just remember this, Louisiana is Nepotisim Land 100% and unless Remington really has kissed up the community and has good ties, you will not get a job graduating from there PERIOD!!!
You need to look into the Public Tech Schools or perhaps even Community College now. I know they actually have some there now.